What Snail Cams Would You Say Are The Best?

nickdonboy

that was silly...

Try-all notched, monty notched.

Smooth are really really horriable.

why are they horrible? most of the top riders use them ... easy to use aswell. ive never known anyone who uses them to slip. i know its a bit late just wondering what you thought.... :S

nickx

There are loads of people mentioning on here how their (smooth) cams have slipped.

The search function will pop up a few more in depth discussions but basically the general verdict is notched.

It makes sense mechanically to use notched, you just have to think around the issue a bit.

In my experience, notched cams not only help hold the wheel more securely, but also assist in setting up a bike with a rear disc.

When running a rear disc I'm very picky about having wheel wheel dead straight to the caliper. There are several notches on the cams where this works best. I mark the ones I use with a pen and it makes putting the wheel back in after a flat simpler.

The only problem i have my my cams are they just don`t give me that extra little bit of tension on the chain to make it nicely rideable so i have had to put a new chain on because without the cams working roperly the wheeel moves.

anyone have anyideas how to give me that little bit more adjustment?

Cheers Dan