New Blog!

Hendrix

Seeing as I've started having to use my music myspace for more professional stuff, I've had to take my dance tunes and remix's off. So, I've created this..

http://hendrixmaster.tumblr.com/

It's only just been started, but I'll hopefully build on it, and make it something decent.

Any comments on anything are appreciated. I know it's rubbish at the moment though. :P

OK Boys and girls insulting me for something I specifically pointed out had just been started, lets see your just started projects and let me mock them? What's that, no, I won't mock them. The fact that you're saying I'll be making the internet suffer personally shows that you have not a spark of intelligence in you, because you can't realize that it has just been started, thrown together, and is going to grow.

Jesus, some of you are older than me, grow the hell up.

have not a spark of intelligence in you

No, definitely not.

Why throw something together? It's clearly had 0 effort put in. It's just a mish-mash of ideas. There is no logical structure, center aligned text has never ever been a good idea except for headings in context of a containing block. Why 3rd person, this is your blog and i'm pretty certain you don't have a personal blog writing secretary. Not to mention it's on a free blog. Buying a website take's like 10 minutes and cost's like 30 quid a year. Installing the blog may take half hour to get setup with all the correct headings and pages, but you'll be taken a whole lot more seriously by everyone.

That wasn't necessarilly a compliment ;) It looks a lot better than it did, but I think you need to work on the content a bit.

I know, but I'm working on it. Trying to get some color co-ordination going, and it's just not happening properly at the moment.

Think I want the page wider but more centralized.

:)

I think the background is way too distracting for a blog - a lot of text involved and you have to try and ignore the striking backgrund to see the text. Some of the best blogs I've seen are simple text on a simple background.

I think the HendrixMaster does need a change I think - it doesn't quite 'click' as a memorable name, it doesn't flow right.

The counter - remove it. Nothing makes a website look cheap like a web counter. They serve no purpose and I'm sure are often very, very inaccurate. Surely you can just monitor some realistic traffic in your stat reports if they're available?

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to achieve from this blog, but if its some sort of publicity I think you're going the wrong way about it. Myself as an example here, I have never heard your music before, so when I visit your blog I should be able to hear all your material there and then. I'm not going to come back when the traffic is built up just to hear another - by tomorrow this blog would have zoomed into the back of my mind and I'd have just forgotten all about it.

And to echo what has been said with the other suggestions really - get yourself a decent domain and site of your own. I gather you are probably a little restricted with creativity with these 'template sites'.

Of course, all my personal opinion - take it or leave it :)

I think the background is way too distracting for a blog - a lot of text involved and you have to try and ignore the striking backgrund to see the text. Some of the best blogs I've seen are simple text on a simple background.

I'll try and design something and shove it up.

I think the HendrixMaster does need a change I think - it doesn't quite 'click' as a memorable name, it doesn't flow right.

Maybe I'll have to try and think of something else. :(

And to echo what has been said with the other suggestions really - get yourself a decent domain and site of your own. I gather you are probably a little restricted with creativity with these 'template sites'.

It's not specifically a template site. You can create your own templates via html & some css, but I'm not diving into it too much.

Once exams are over I will get something half decent up and running though! :)

Any comments on anything are appreciated. I know it's rubbish at the moment though. :P

OK Boys and girls insulting me for something I specifically pointed out had just been started, lets see your just started projects and let me mock them?
Edited by Token