Rockman Bikes News

Bigman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update: Rockman Kortz 2 Will be released within the next few weeks!!

Here is a picture of my prototype:

rockmankortz2.jpg

Updates from the original kortz:

New Hydroformed Downtube with flat bottom to increase the resistance to Dents (seems very good so far)

2Piece hollow chainstay yoke from the slate 2 frame

New compact dropouts with integrated tensioners

New Headtube

New Geometry, 1095mm, +60mm, 380mm CS and 72deg HA

Reduced angle between seat stays and top tube, this has reduced the risk of cracking at this point as the previous frame did.

I have had the proto now for 4-5 months and it has been very good, rides very well and has out lasted both of my original kortz frames and is still going strong!

Thanks

Adam

First thought was copy of rockman traktor. Graphics ain't very good eather..

As far as i am aware these are not the final graphics, they just put those on the frame as it was a proto, I will update this when I get the final production pictures.

Adam

Bigman could you to talk to rockman about bringing a proper frame i mean long low bb and not lightweight!

1085 wheel base

380 stays

72ha

15 bb

with hoziontal dropouts

built in booster

and decent material so us street bashers can ride them without them snapping?

Sort of... it's "a lot of people" who probably wouldn't buy one new though, in the same way that a lot of 36 hole rims/hubs aren't made any more because "a lot of people" want them but just buy second hand. I can appreciate that not everyone can afford to buy stuff new, but it's a sort of vicious circle in that people want them but don't want to buy them new, so because companies don't really see any point in making it because not as many people buy it brand new they don't bother making them.

Sort of... it's "a lot of people" who probably wouldn't buy one new though, in the same way that a lot of 36 hole rims/hubs aren't made any more because "a lot of people" want them but just buy second hand. I can appreciate that not everyone can afford to buy stuff new, but it's a sort of vicious circle in that people want them but don't want to buy them new, so because companies don't really see any point in making it because not as many people buy it brand new they don't bother making them.

I completly agree mark. But ive been looking at building frames and people that would buy new say that we would pay a decent price. Just were not all lightweigh smooth riders, I was looking at getting new frame just the way i ride i cant justify the price as a frame wouldnt last me long

Just were not all lightweigh smooth riders, I was looking at getting new frame just the way i ride i cant justify the price as a frame wouldnt last me long

Thing is you can not tell how long it would last without actualy trying one, after all I am in no way a lightweight rider (at around 19-20st!!) albeit I am a smooth, but the bike still has this huge force going through it and I run what are considered some very light components, single wall rims, 1.5kg frames etc and generaly they last be very well, the previous kortz frame didn't as the design was not quite right, but the new one is much better.

Adam

Looking good.

What I find a bit illogical and biased is how so many cynical people bash old high BB frames like the 2006 Adamants, Czars, Pitbulls, and Hifis, .... they all have like 375/380mm stays and +55/+60 mm bb rise, with approx 1080/1090 wheelbase... with headangles of 71.5 averagely.

.... Yet people praise newer more 'trendy' 'keeping with the times' frames like Ozonys, TMS, Koxx Sky frames, and Rockmans (not saying they're bad at all!) saying how lovely they ride. Yet.... a lot of them have the SAME BB height as the 2006 Deng frames and same stay lengths and the front reach too. So where's the logic? On another note, I don't hear anyone bashing the new blue GUs and they have 375 stays and +60...?

Just something I find really weird. I wonder if Ali C in particular likes Koxx Skys and Rockmans?

Looking good.

What I find a bit illogical and biased is how so many cynical people bash old high BB frames like the 2006 Adamants, Czars, Pitbulls, and Hifis, .... they all have like 375/380mm stays and +55/+60 mm bb rise, with approx 1080/1090 wheelbase... with headangles of 71.5 averagely.

.... Yet people praise newer more 'trendy' 'keeping with the times' frames like Ozonys, TMS, Koxx Sky frames, and Rockmans (not saying they're bad at all!) saying how lovely they ride. Yet.... a lot of them have the SAME BB height as the 2006 Deng frames and same stay lengths and the front reach too. So where's the logic? On another note, I don't hear anyone bashing the new blue GUs and they have 375 stays and +60...?

Just something I find really weird. I wonder if Ali C in particular likes Koxx Skys and Rockmans?

All the previous high BB frames had 375mm chainstays, I think that this 5mm makes a huge difference, I found all the deng frames VERY rear wheel happy, these new comp style high BB frames with the 380mm rear end are no where near as bad and much better to ride in my oppinion. I think you don't hear much about the blue GU frames is because as far as I am aware there are not many of them about, I do not know of any off the top of my head, other than the one that Adam Read had.

As for Ali C, He doesn't like anything over 40mm BB rise :P

Adam

As for Ali C, He doesn't like anything over 40mm BB rise :P

Adam

Although he was riding "his" Yaabaa stinger that had 45 BB but I guess long chainstay make it feel lower. I ridden Adamant that had +10 BB rise, GU with +35 (or 40 not sure) by 380, yaabaa stinger 45 by 390. And now riding Slate 2 with 55 and 380. I would say GU and Stinger felt amazing on the back wheel, prety much hopping by themselves :shifty: and were realy stable! These are frames that helped me progress a lot! I only ridden Slate 2 for 2 days now, but feel there is something about this comp machine, not sure what...Rear wheel hops and gaps are kind of tricky, that must be 4 weeks break, but rolling thing (taps, ups, etc.) and static stuff to front is prety damn comfy.

• 2 months later...