Ciguena 24"

Revolver

3265768903_f2e3d155bb.jpg

Going along with the whole, 'I'm cool so I can put my gear shifter in a weird place' thing. :P

3266596298_e89f7f04bb.jpg

Mental rise on the stem and bars, just how I like it! (although I've caught it handling like a mod a few times...)

3266595566_d7cda347c8.jpg

My shiny new mech and cassette, the sprockets need fiddling with, I might only have 6 in a few hours.

That bramble branch is there for scale... :ermm:

3265766479_6c4ccc7fe3.jpg

This proves there was nothing holding my bike up! Except for the snow.

3265765999_7a45ea1536.jpg

A picture from the side.

Edited by Bruce Lee

That's pretty funky, Adam. Why not just mount the shifter properly though, seems like you're just shooting yourself in the balls a bit making it awkward for no reason?

Adam?

You are wrong!

I played around with more conventional settings, and they all required either the lever to be at a rubbish angle or the shifter to be at a rubbish angle.

This way the shifter is out of the way, I won't catch it when I'm riding and change the gears. Also, the piece of cable outer I had for that part of the bike, wouldn't allow me to have it next to the lever!

:P

Good reasons for nearly everything.

Oh, and the lever's flourescent orange and not red, but I wouldn't mind a different one. That's a HS22 lever, lol.

Edited by Bruce Lee

Adam?

You are wrong!

I played around with more conventional settings, and they all required either the lever to be at a rubbish angle or the shifter to be at a rubbish angle.

This way the shifter is out of the way, I won't catch it when I'm riding and change the gears. Also, the piece of cable outer I had for that part of the bike, wouldn't allow me to have it next to the lever!

Good reasons for nearly everything.

Oh, and the lever's flourescent orange and not red, but I wouldn't mind a different one. That's a HS22 lever, lol.

HS22's ***....got a mint pair, theyr're lush :P

As quoted from the bike4.eu site:

Head angle: 73 degrees

Wheelbase: 1025 mm adjustable

BB height: +20 mm with 400 mm fork

Chainstays: 380-395mm

The gears are interesting... when I use the 12t on there the chain pops off the chainring... so I'm going to take some rings out of the cassette, it means I can only use a min of 13t, unless I can get it to work with this 12t singlespeed kit ring I've got knocking around :P

When I first put the gears on and tried them, I got monster chain-suck, but for some reason it's behaving now :S I think it was due to it being in the high gears.

As quoted from the bike4.eu site:

Head angle: 73 degrees

Wheelbase: 1025 mm adjustable

BB height: +20 mm with 400 mm fork

Chainstays: 380-395mm

The gears are interesting... when I use the 12t on there the chain pops off the chainring... so I'm going to take some rings out of the cassette, it means I can only use a min of 13t, unless I can get it to work with this 12t singlespeed kit ring I've got knocking around :P

When I first put the gears on and tried them, I got monster chain-suck, but for some reason it's behaving now :S I think it was due to it being in the high gears.

is that mat street old bike?

lol

i think your gears may not work great because of the sram(1 to 1 ratio) shifter and a shimano(2 to 1 ratio) mech.

they dont work mixed race....

I run a Shimano shifter with a Sram mech and it works a treat. I also run a Sram shifter with a shimano mech and that works too. Some would probably state the obvious here, just trust me on this one.

Kenny get "bum fights" tatooed to your fore head and we will give you a bottle of whiskey for doing it.

Not a fan of the chinquas but that looks good man.

Edited by Ross McArthur

is that mat street old bike?

lol

i think your gears may not work great because of the sram(1 to 1 ratio) shifter and a shimano(2 to 1 ratio) mech.

they dont work mixed race....

I found a sram shifter that does work with shimano gears. Also, worth noting is I've limited it to 3 gears now. Works a treat, I might take some more chain out though.

dont be like that mate :o

just because i no you, dont take it too personaly

youre bound to get good and bad comments when you post it on the tf??

i just think it looks silly when you can put it in the normal place ;)

ill show you if you ride this weekend (Y)

Obviously he can't otherwise he would, now shush.

Looks very nice squire, Just about to post mine off :

Obviously he can't otherwise he would, now shush.

Looks very nice squire, Just about to post mine off :

i was only winding him up

its ok ill just carry on at work tonight ;)

apart from that it does look nice and must be the best 24" ive ever rode (Y)

tobius, is that a new head set you got there? :rolleyes:

I know, you're messing.

Seriously, the cable IS too short to have it in the right place. I'd not be able to turn right.

The headset's not particularly new.

Want me to ride in on it today? I wasn't planning on it, but I could do.

The shifter also interferes with the brake. I'm sure I explained this further up!

And Adam...

TRAITOR!