Zoo! Pitbull 07 Custom Build

AdamR28

but why has e got disk and maggy forks with no disk hub incase he wants to change :S?

Maybe thats all they had. Strange question.

Anyway, thats a sweet bike. Cool to see hes wanting to run the black pads Should ride quite nice with that set up.

What is it you boys do when you build a bike like that up? take photos of it, ride it around for a bit then dismantle it and post it? Do you ask the costomer if its ok to take photos of it first? Do you take off the wheels and bar and all that to pack it up?

Just somthing im intrested in knowing lol.

What is it you boys do when you build a bike like that up? take photos of it, ride it around for a bit then dismantle it and post it? Do you ask the costomer if its ok to take photos of it first? Do you take off the wheels and bar and all that to pack it up?

We usually get pics as a record (may be handy for the customer for insurance purposes down the line), usually have a quick stamp on the pedals to ensure the drivetrain is working correctly and sprockets etc are tightened on but never a proper ride.

Usually front wheel and bar/stem comes off then it goes in a box and on it's way :)

Ads

We usually get pics as a record (may be handy for the customer for insurance purposes down the line), usually have a quick stamp on the pedals to ensure the drivetrain is working correctly and sprockets etc are tightened on but never a proper ride.

Usually front wheel and bar/stem comes off then it goes in a box and on it's way :)

Ads

Aye aye we beleive you, how do you know the brakes are good then? :P

Pedals too so it fits in the box?

Rowan, your right. Not suprising. One of my best feeling brakes ever was a black pad on a clean 521. In the dry summer mind you. ^_^

Edited by Ross McArthur

You know that spoke pattern on that front wheel....

Is there a much of a diference in wheel strength compared to the usual pattern and will it be ok with a front disc? because i think it looks cool and would like to do it to my front wheel.

Edited by Mikee

You know that spoke pattern on that front wheel....

Is there a much of a diference in wheel strength compared to the usual pattern and will it be ok with a front disc? because i think it looks cool and would like to do it to my front wheel.

It's called radial lacing :)

As for using it with a disc forget it, you'll get loads of wheel flex since the braking forces are acting on the hub so the spokes need to transfer this to the rim/tyre and I'm sure you can see how with radial lacing this isn't the best set up! You can possibly use radial lacing on the non-disc side but for stock I (in my personal experience) wouldn't recomend it.

It's called radial lacing :)

As for using it with a disc forget it, you'll get loads of wheel flex since the braking forces are acting on the hub so the spokes need to transfer this to the rim/tyre and I'm sure you can see how with radial lacing this isn't the best set up! You can possibly use radial lacing on the non-disc side but for stock I (in my personal experience) wouldn't recomend it.

ok cheers mate.