Dob 20" - 8.07kg | Colony Sect - 10.66kg | Twenty Celeste - 10.07

JonMack

Roll up roll up on 20" of doom, here we have my three lovely (:P) bikes. I think I've put everything in, but if I've forgotten anything, I'm sorry :P

dsc_28225853e.jpg

First we have:

Dob Magnesium

dsc_2834d2f66.jpg

dsc_2825133d4.jpg

dsc_282604ff1.jpg

dsc_282749039.jpg

Frame: Dob (no bash mounts)

Fork: Dob

Headset: Chris King

Bars: Monty Ti

Stem: Monty Ti

Grips: Try-all Foam

Front Brake: Hope Mono Trial/Monty Kamel

Front Wheel: Monty/Trial-Tech/Halo/Dob

Front Rim Tape: Selotape

Front Tube: Kenda

Front Tyre: Maxxis Creepy Crawler (cut)

Cranks: Monty Ti

Sprocket: Echo

BB: FSA Platinum Pro

Pedals: DMR V12 Mag Ti (cut)

Chain: KMC 510G

Rear Brake: Hope Mono Trial/Hayes

Rear Wheel: Chris King BMX ISO/Trial-Tech/Halo/Dob

Rear Rim Tape: Selotape

Rear Tube: Kenda

Rear Tyre: Maxxis Creepy Crawler (cut)

Snail Cams: Monty

Total Weight: 8.07kg (17.81lbs)

Colony Sect

dsc_28359106b.jpg

dsc_28287b508.jpg

dsc_2829bf8f2.jpg

Frame: Colony Sect

Fork: Odyssey Race Classic

Headset: FSA Internal

Bars: Odyssey Lumberjack

Stem: Superstar Revolte

Grips: Odyssey Gary Young

Front Wheel: Kink/Alienation PBR

Front Tyre: FIT FAF-K 2.1

Seat: Kink Pivotal

Seat Clamp: Kink

Cranks: Illegal

Sprocket: Kink

BB: WTP Mid

Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC

Chain: KMC 510HX

Rear Brake: Odyssey Monolever (small)/Odyssey Linear Slic/Odyssey Evo 2

Rear Wheel: WTP Supreme/Primo/Alienation Black Sheep

Rear Tyre: FIT FAF-K 1.95

Total Weight: 10.66kg (23.5lbs) approx

Twenty Celeste

dsc_28366efb9.jpg

dsc_2833eedf8.jpg

dsc_2832d8bae.jpg

Frame: Twenty Celeste

Fork: KHE Tanaka

Headset: FSA Internal

Bars: KHE Bram w/ 1" extenders

Stem: KHE Minimalism

Grips: MBUK

Front Brake: Odyssey Monolever (med)/Stolen Slic/Dia-Tech Hombre

Front Wheel: KHE/Mutiny/Mavic XBMX

Front Tyre: Odyssey Frequency G 1.85

Front Pegs: Sequence

Seat: KHE Watanabe

Seat Clamp: Quamen

Cranks: Monty

Sprocket: Onza

BB: Shimano UN-72

Pedals: Wellgo LU-P9

Chain: KMC 510HX

Rear Wheel: Taska U-Free/Mutiny/Sun Rhynolite XL

Rear Tyre: Odyssey Frequency G 1.85

Rear Pegs: Sequence

Total Weight: 10.07kg (22.22lbs) approx

Enjoy,

Jon

Edited by JonMack

Haha if I had a garage big enough and the money to do it :P

Yeah he's started to sell shit to pay me back which is good, owes me about £140 still though.

(For those who don't know, I bought a nearly complete flat bike off a guy in the US, it never arrived, paypal claim went my way but no money was recovered, and I'm still waiting for my refund)

Edited by JonMack

All looking good Jon. Quick question, do you find it difficult to switch between the 2 BMXs? What with the brake lever being on the same side but acting on opposite ends of the bike... I presume that being as they are BMX brakes it's unlikely to kill you if you're on the Celeste and grab a handful of "back" brake, but I'd still find it a bit of a headf**k.

Well I rode the Celeste for the first time today (holy shit it was weird) and I'm actually yet to learn anything on it, but to be honest it's not weird at all, as much as it should be, it's pretty normal feeling. Even switching between the Dob and the Celeste is fine, I guess it's because they all ride so differently.

I'd love to try that flatland bike.

Looking good, I thought it was weird too, how the brake lever on each bmx is on the same side, but for different brakes. I guess you'll use the drivetrain for all the rearwheel moves.

Monty cranks? But not FFW.. How come you went for those? Weight?

Wow, these are one of the nicest bike pictures i ever saw, i really like them photograpywise. Especially the one with the dob backwheel, and the first group shot.

The bikes are also nice too :).

Have fun with them.

Edited by makrela

Wow, these are one of the nicest bike pictures i ever saw, i really like them photograpywise. Especially the one with the dob backwheel, and the first group shot.

The bikes are also nice too :).

Have fun with them.

Thank you very much :)

Dob looks pretty nuts.. and is pretty damn light, and i no your against ( and i would be too) but you could so easily get it under 8kg with a new hub and headset.

Also, are the 06 hopes on there for prefrence or for weight reasons?

They all look lush anyways man.

Yeah with a new front tyre and Ti axles in the V12s it would get it under 8kg, but to be honest I don't think 150g would be noticeable so I'm pretty happy to just leave it, obviously when the Maxxis die I'm gonna get a front Try-All, and I've got an Eagle Claw downstairs which I'm gonna put on when the rear Maxxis is dead, but I might get some Ti axles in a few weeks :P then yeah like you said if I went FFW with that HEN hub I could drop some weight, but I really like my CK, but I might try get hold of a lighter headset. I guess although I'm happy with the weight, getting it sub 8 would be really nice, just as a personal challenge.

06 Hopes just because I got them cheap, could get carbon lever blades for them too I guess :P

Dont you find it weird switching between bikes?

Not really weird at all, like I said they're all set up so differently it's easy :)

3 bikes!!! someones a wee bit lucky :P

Loving the DOB with white frame and white forks looks lush.

Sprog!

Haha well they've taken me a while to save up for, the BMX still isn't finished either :P

wow wow wow man.!!!!!! Full disc with CK on the rear??? explain please? that's my dream

All normal Kings use the same size hubshell, so I just bought a replacement shell from AspireVeloTech and got Tarty to switch it over for me in the summer, then I wanted a 32h shell instead of 36h so I swapped my hubshell and internals with Skoze, and yeah, that's all there is to it really.

You were so right with the wheels for the Dob, sorry I tried to persuade you to get white rims. :(

They look amazing! Well the Dob does, I don't know if the other are nice or not, but I'll take your word for it mate. :P

All normal Kings use the same size hubshell, so I just bought a replacement shell from AspireVeloTech and got Tarty to switch it over for me in the summer, then I wanted a 32h shell instead of 36h so I swapped my hubshell and internals with Skoze, and yeah, that's all there is to it really.

And what's the weight? how much was all that mess you've come through?

To be honest, wanna ride your bike

The weight of the Dob is currently 8155g. I've just bought some V12 Ti axles which will drop 80g, then if I put a Try-All front tyre on that should drop it under 8kg :)

It cost me $85 for a new hubshell, and £10 for it to be swapped over (Thanks Adam), but taking into account the whole bike... I don't know. I started buying parts for it last January, I mean looking through the parts and working it out roughly I've probably spent about £400 on it (I got the frame in exchange for some design work I did for T-UK) so it's not that bad really.

The weight of the Dob is currently 8155g. I've just bought some V12 Ti axles which will drop 80g, then if I put a Try-All front tyre on that should drop it under 8kg :)

It cost me $85 for a new hubshell, and £10 for it to be swapped over

So that's $95 more to the BMX hub price. Though it looks awesome, it's damn heavy. why don't you put tryall hubs?