Freeview.....

Sam-Addy A3

What freeview box is it?

Check it up with the producers of the box and so on.

Or it might be the area you live in.

Built in freeview lol, but yeah i do live in the middle of nowhere, it often goes weird but its just weirder today lol

Try rescanning the box, generally helps me (Y)

Yeah might do, helps me aswell, i just cba lol

Mine occasionally jus stop working too, sometimes the guide feels like joining them in a sick day, someti9mes it doesn't.

I dunno how they can force a digital switch when it's this f**king poor :S Feels like a step backwards to be honest.

Mine occasionally jus stop working too, sometimes the guide feels like joining them in a sick day, someti9mes it doesn't.

I dunno how they can force a digital switch when it's this f**king poor :S Feels like a step backwards to be honest.

Its shocking, At least with analogue its always there!

This is why I'd never buy a TV with freeview built in.. what if it decides to F up then, no analouge channels... No TV, another great move England.

Its all workin now guys :D just bad signal i think

Its shocking, At least with analogue its always there!

This is why I'd never buy a TV with freeview built in.. what if it decides to F up then, no analouge channels... No TV, another great move England.

Theya have all the analogue channels aswell as digital, and i agree it is a shitty signal atm, but apparantly they are slowly increasing the strength of the signal until we switch over :D

Sam :D

The fact that we still have analogue is the reason why digital is so poor. Once they turn off analogue they can boost the digital signal up to a much higher level.

I thought all the digital TVs with built in Freeview do still have the option of Analogue channels though? The one i won in a work raffle does at least.

The fact that we still have analogue is the reason why digital is so poor. Once they turn off analogue they can boost the digital signal up to a much higher level.

Ahh fair play, wasn't aware of that (Y)

Edited by Max Quinn

I lost pretty much all my freeview channels except 10 3 days ago (Saturday night), was f**king annoying to say the least!

Lost them all, bbc 1 and 2, itv, channel 4 and the rest except 10 random ones like E4+1 and some random shit.

Didn't get them all back until Sunday evening after re-scanning a lot.

Apparently after the 25th all of the channels may not work again, unless i've already had it and that was the reason for the loss.

Have you tried setting it up properly with digital specific equipment?

The amount of times i've been to peoples houses and offered to have a look at it for them after they complain about it being rubbish only to find that they are using ridiculously poor quality aerial cable, no signal booster box and its hooked up to the aerial on the house that was installed decades ago. A lot of the time the cabling doesn't even have any form of shielding, meaning its just a big long copper conductor for interference :o

If thats the case, nip down to your local wilkinsons/b&q, pick up some shielded co-axial cable. Note it doesn't have to be expensive just ensure its at least got foil shielding, my upstairs run cost me all of £5 for 26 metres. Pick up some of the cable ends and then wire up an indoor aerial yourself. Fit a booster box as close to the aerial as you can get it in order to avoid boosting signal disturbances from the cable length as well then hook it all up and see how it fairs. My parents house was like this, a £5 mini indoor digital aerial, the cabling and a £2 booster box from argos stopped the pizza boy effect (distorted images from mopeds outside) and improved the signal from low to high on every channel and allowed around 6-7 more channels to be received.

Total cost for a digital specific upgrade can be extremely effect for as little as £20. Obviously fitting a new aerial to the roof would be the preferred way of doing it but i'm not going to recommend that anyone go out with a pair of ladders and fit their own as it IS a dangerous job. Fitting a wall or loft aerial would be close in terms of performance though and much safer, but the cost of these aerials are more than a small indoor one (usually around £20 upwards).

Have you tried setting it up properly with digital specific equipment?

The amount of times i've been to peoples houses and offered to have a look at it for them after they complain about it being rubbish only to find that they are using ridiculously poor quality aerial cable, no signal booster box and its hooked up to the aerial on the house that was installed decades ago. A lot of the time the cabling doesn't even have any form of shielding, meaning its just a big long copper conductor for interference :o

If thats the case, nip down to your local wilkinsons/b&q, pick up some shielded co-axial cable. Note it doesn't have to be expensive just ensure its at least got foil shielding, my upstairs run cost me all of £5 for 26 metres. Pick up some of the cable ends and then wire up an indoor aerial yourself. Fit a booster box as close to the aerial as you can get it in order to avoid boosting signal disturbances from the cable length as well then hook it all up and see how it fairs. My parents house was like this, a £5 mini indoor digital aerial, the cabling and a £2 booster box from argos stopped the pizza boy effect (distorted images from mopeds outside) and improved the signal from low to high on every channel and allowed around 6-7 more channels to be received.

Total cost for a digital specific upgrade can be extremely effect for as little as £20.

We had some bloke come in and apparently set the whole house up, and he's suppose to have put in a whole new reciever system on the roof. Does it work? Does it f**k!

Apparently our whole house is going "Sky+HD" soon though, which I'm not going to complain about, if it works..