New Mbk

Barbara Logan-Price

more informations about this bike coming soon on tribalzine.com... complete specifications, geometries of the two models... indeed there will be two models : a short one (1060, +20) and a long one (1085, +50)... these bikes will be available in the begining of june...

I would have thought thought the grub screw was to tension the chain, then the two other bolts tighten up against the frame to keep the tension set.

As I suspected, slotted adjuster with the two bolts set at a fixed location.

dsc06480qe5.jpg

Edited by JonMack

Heath, I was just thinking, even if those two bolts did come loose, the wheel cant move any further back, as it's under tension, and wont go forwards as the grub screw is pushing against the dropouts. Obviously it would start to dent the dropout over time, but I would have thought you'd hear, and most definitely feel, that those bolts were loose. Plus there are 2 on each side, what're the chances of it happening?

Heath, I was just thinking, even if those two bolts did come loose, the wheel cant move any further back, as it's under tension, and wont go forwards as the grub screw is pushing against the dropouts. Obviously it would start to dent the dropout over time, but I would have thought you'd hear, and most definitely feel, that those bolts were loose. Plus there are 2 on each side, what're the chances of it happening?

Not on small stuff but what about if it is slightly loose even on one side and you drop off something big.... a bit heavily. It would spread the slotted section out a treat.

... and i doubt everyone checks all their bolts all the time Jon, you have seen the state of some bikes out there :D

That looks AMAZING!

With that swooping in the frame it's a better looking Kamel.

And those dropouts?

Very clever, but i personally think soon as someone lands on them they will snap or eventually bend the dropouts.

And now they need a mod. :)

Edited by bigamac