How To Validate Yourself, Instantly!

adamtrials

Hi guys,

As a wiki mod I've found a bug that allows you to validate yourself on the wiki, and at the same time this makes you a full member on the forum!

How can this be true? Well as I'm sure you know, anyone can change anything on a wiki, and it would appear our esteemed administrators forgot that this includes the power to upgrade your membership group.

It really is that simple. Just click on the 'wiki' link at the top of the page, click on 'member settings' once the wiki loads, and if you can't find the 'validate member' button, then to be honest, you don't deserve to be validated! After this has been pressed you should instantly be validated, and you'll be selling all your shite in the main forum in no time.

You'll have to be pretty quick, tomturd will no doubt get rid of this loophole once he wakes up and sees this...

Peace and f**king, believe.

Edited by adamtrials

Jesus cheers Adam, I'm sure this will help loads of people, I was on here for ages before I got validated and wrote LOADS in the Wiki trying to help out!

If I'd seen this I could have got validated so much faster! Good call mate. (Y)

Haha, i'm going to ban him for being fat!

Dc13, it's in the options collumn on your left.

I have no options colum on the left, there is one on the right? but no sign of it there! sorry I am thick.....

Edited by dc13

It might depend on the browser mate, sometimes it renders the HTML differently? there might be a small error, some browsers will diplay it anyway, some will ignore the link instead?

I'm not sure of the ins and outs, what browsers have you got?

EDIT: Too Slow! I'm using Safari and Opera, works on those for me anyway. Try one and see if it works?

Edited by Muel

It might depend on the browser mate, sometimes it renders the HTML differently? there might be a small error, some browsers will diplay it anyway, some will ignore the link instead?

thats it, your a mod now! validate me! :lol:

Try updating your browsers, and we found it fine! You might even be able to find the SuperAdmin button but it's tricky and we wanna keep it quiet :P

No it must be fixed, try'd opera too and its still not there ah well?

Another two years of nmc for me! lol

thats it, your a mod now! validate me! :lol:

I can't find the validation thingy, for all the warns you have a link on each persons post, but theres so many more menus and pages of extra facilities!

I'll keep looking, a load of my mates are badgering me to validate them aswell though. I saw one of the original admins looking before, they'll probably lock this soon so I'd update your browser quick if i were you!

Have you got FF3 or FF2? They made a few changes to the rendering engine in the update, our website at work didn't render properly when it came out, took me ages to get it all sorted, I had to re-write virtually every page!

I can't find the validation thingy, for all the warns you have a link on each persons post, but theres so many more menus and pages of extra facilities!

I'll keep looking, a load of my mates are badgering me to validate them aswell though. I saw one of the original admins looking before, they'll probably lock this soon so I'd update your browser quick if i were you!

Have you got FF3 or FF2? They made a few changes to the rendering engine in the update, our website at work didn't render properly when it came out, took me ages to get it all sorted, I had to re-write virtually every page!

Its FF3, and latest opers and IE. Just my luck.

No it must be fixed, try'd opera too and its still not there ah well?

Another two years of nmc for me! lol

I've heard it's an intelligent system which still only let's amusing people through. Luckily I'm already validated and don't fancy the responsibility of SUPER ADMIN powers so I won't bother, but I can see the link pretty clearly. Want me to take a screenshot?

EDIT: Too Slow! I'm using Safari and Opera, works on those for me anyway. Try one and see if it works?

what browser do you use