Double Disk Or Double Magura

t-bird tom

Im running double disk at the moment but changing soon to a back magura because summer is cumin and in dry weather i would say a magura with a good grind and pads is better than a disk, and its also boring with no squeak. so i say front disk and back maggie F T W !

Danny (Y)

Edited by D A N N Y

Im running double disk at the moment but changing soon to a back magura because summer is cumin and in dry weather i would say a magura with a good grind and pads is better than a disk, and its also boring with no squeak. so i say front disk and back maggie F T W !

Danny (Y)

You need a better disc, or a bigger rotor.

It depends on the situations.

When I started out I was on the bandwagon of; "I'm never having a rear disc as I need brake noise as a placebo, so I know my brake is working".

Having riden some peoples DD set-ups, I was in love, it just had a solid hold to it and no noise just yielded a really smooth style.

The only thing that put me off was that my front Hope was tempremental and occasionally slipped, and that everyones bike I tried to manual with rear disc the second I went to feather the brake, it would lock and slam the front wheel down.

I've finally got around to ordering a rear disc as; I now have a disc frame, I have the money to, and I've had enough of my magura.

I can easily say that I would rather have a good working magura (nice audible honk as it locks the pads into place) than a disc anyday, but I tried different pads, different grinds, the second I got a good brake working it would only be a matter of a week until I would have to rely on tar to get a hold.

So we'll see how it goes, I should be getting the disc today, hopefully I'll be able to whack it on and get the majority of it bedded in today.

I have two double disc frames (Echo Lite DD and Czar DD) and I love them! I wouldn't ever go back to rim brakes because you can ride in any whether and the brakes only get better! Hope dual disc bikes are the way to go trust me ;)

I've only ever rode a double disc set up once (for like 5mins) and in that short space of time I didnt really like the feel of a disc on the rear.

I use/run a double maggie set up personally, beacuse I like the bite and hold of a magura with a hefty grind.

But latey bin considering going front disc mainly due to the continuous failure of hold on the front (N)

But I suppose its all down to personal preference. :turned:

I would decide on what the weathers like where you live.

If it is wet quite a lot then get double disk as they work better than maguras in the wet. If it is dry then double maguras.

Personally I prefer maguras, because the noise, stiffness. I also prefere maguras as they are not as much fuss as disks, some others may disagree.

Discs don't work at all in the wet? They're effectively a smooth rim! I had DD for nearly 2 years and not once did they work better than a decent maggy in the rain.

A maggy with a heavy grind on an Echo rim with Heatsink reds is amazing in the wet, that's what my mate had and it was better in the wet than in the dry!