Rim File Gring

ONZA_TRIALS

i go round it twice really light with a grinder and then smooth it down with a sander and use rock blues :D

That's got to be one of the most stupid things I have ever heard to be honest. All your doing is killing the sidewalls.

That's got to be one of the most stupid things I have ever heard to be honest. All your doing is killing the sidewalls.

REALLY LIGHT! lol yeh i know what your saying but like people grind rims really deep and doing it lighty takes a wee bit of weight off and sanding it makes it smoother than a light grind or you can make it really smooth but then theres no point in doing it, i mite try just sanding a smooth rim next time =\ mite just work the same haha

i go round it twice really light with a grinder and then smooth it down with a sander and use rock blues :D

REALLY LIGHT! lol yeh i know what your saying but like people grind rims really deep and doing it lighty takes a wee bit of weight off and sanding it makes it smoother than a light grind or you can make it really smooth but then theres no point in doing it, i mite try just sanding a smooth rim next time =\ mite just work the same haha

LMAO!

:ermm: Ok?

just slam a grind on it! Filing it won't do much at all, just make it slightly rougher.

Where as a grind will give the pads something to hold on to!

And onza rims are pritty good for holding grinds, I've got a hog and its now had like 8-10 grinds? still works fine.

So just get a grinder with a metal grinding wheel and entre the realm of "the grind" B)

You can get really coarse files? That would get it deeper and space the grooves further apart.

Just get a grinder though, the grind will be sharper, take a fraction of the time and probably be more uniform.

Edited by Muel

Grinds work best, but I have used a file to ruff up a rim. I did it on a rear mod wheel and it took a fair while and my arms & hands were sore by the end. I used an edge of a file so it left grooves. I was running a rear V too and the brake worked amazing. I don’t think it was worth the time because an angle grinder works just as good.