Photoshopping Bikes/bits

nohpee°

Im not sure if you know or not, but another technique you can use to get good results for gradual shading on 3d objects is if, depending on what you are trying to achieve (I.e. perfect or characterful); you copy the area, paste it, then use the lighting effects tool to shade the area, then using the colour burn/dodge tools to create effective highlights/contrasts...you can always use the pen tool to create selections and save them, so's you can go back into the image and create perfect highlights I.e. for cars, bike frames, people etc..

I use it to do final renderings of my designs all the time, or just beef up 3d drawings, learnt it at peug/citroen on placement..and its a really handy technique...

(Y) Hope it helps?

have u ever tried doing that on a curved area?

u can make lots of small lines to make a bent tube and then the gaussian blur blends the little lines together.

as you said reflective gradiant would work.

You can do it with a few different gradients. But it's a bit of an arse. Your way would be easier :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...