Heatsink Using My Image?

neonneon

Hello.

I've discovered my Photo being displayed on the Heatsink Bikes website..

They have given me no notice or displayed any copyright info...

I'm just wondering what everybody thinks about this..

If they asked, I wouldn't have a problem... It's just the fact that they used it..

I would have been fine if they just offered a small link.. (or maybe a set of pads :P)

http://www.heatsinkbikes.com/?p=riders

The image is found next to Steve Rogers, They also claim on that page "Copyright 2009 heatsinkbikes.com" although on my flickr I display a similar message for myself.

Charlie

EDIT: http://www.flickr.com/photos/charliejennin...in/photostream/ forgot to link to the image :P

Edited by neonneon

have you tryed talking to steve about this. He might not relise.

tris

I think I will have a word, although. It's not that much of an issue.

Thinking about it, I reckon Steve-o created his profile and used the image :)

Just a little link would be nice.

Yeh, you could have just not posted here CJ and got in touch with Steve, that way you wouldn't make yourself look like a pedantic twat.

I'm not meaning to be offensive mate but come on, why would you post on a public forum instead of getting in touch with Steve first unless you were trying to make him look bad? Chances are Steve Rogers just had the pic because he's in it and automatically assumed he had copyright seeing as he's in it and sent it to Steve.

If you ask me the law is bollocks anyway, if you're in a picture you should have say over what happens to it, regardless of who shot it.

Yeh, you could have just not posted here CJ and got in touch with Steve, that way you wouldn't make yourself look like a pedantic twat.

I'm not meaning to be offensive mate but come on, why would you post on a public forum instead of getting in touch with Steve first unless you were trying to make him look bad? Chances are Steve Rogers just had the pic because he's in it and automatically assumed he had copyright seeing as he's in it and sent it to Steve.

If you ask me the law is bollocks anyway, if you're in a picture you should have say over what happens to it, regardless of who shot it.

I would have just stopped there.

If you had a problem with it speak to Steve@heatsink, Put a water mark on the same photo and send Steve@heatsink the water mark version. Instead of posting on a public forum, Not like your going to sue him over it.

Edited by Connor Powell

Did you take the picture then, because that is some good camera work. If not you have no right of the picture. You can take him to court over copy right but that would be silly IMO.

I was only asking for advice. :S

The laws are: If somebody takes a photograph, they automatically own rights of it, (unless other wise stated) and are able to do what they wish with it. (if it is taken in a public place) Hence all the Paperazzi getting away with murder.

Did you take the picture then, because that is some good camera work. If not you have no right of the picture. You can take him to court over copy right but that would be silly IMO.

Yes mate, I did indeed. :)

Thanks for the comments.

I'm not going to take him to court, I would just like a bit of text saying that the image is mine e.t.c.

This post is not meant to make Heatsinkbikes, or anybody related to Heatsink bikes look bad, I was merely asking what others thought of the situation.

Sorry if this did come across badly.

:)

I'm going to email Heatsink when I can :)

Thanks for the advice,

Charlie

(I like you too muel :giggle: )

Edited by neonneon

I think its bullshit and you should be stoked they used one of your images.

Okay... I don't.... I just don't like my work being used without any recognition, it's not much to ask for a small bit of text, is it?

• 2 weeks later...
The laws are: If somebody takes a photograph, they automatically own rights of it, (unless other wise stated) and are able to do what they wish with it. (if it is taken in a public place) Hence all the Paperazzi getting away with murder.

That laws also are technically that if you upload that image up anywhere, such as photo bucket, flickr, facebook, they in turn own the rights to distribute the photo.

Not like your a pro photographer.

This is the same guy that threatened to sue his mate for having one of his pictures on Facebook we're talking about...

Indeed, I got a warning for it and a big long disclaimer from Facebook threatening to close my account if it happened again.

They also claim on that page "Copyright 2009 heatsinkbikes.com" although on my flickr I display a similar message for myself.

That set of photos were also publically posted on this forum, guess what... they display copyright in their footer too.