Best Freewheel

James 24/7 trials

Hi

Me and my mate have just broke are tensile freewheels, mine only lasted 3 months.

I need another but dont know what to get. I do alot of gaps and put alot of stress on it so need a strong decent one.

What one would you recomend to be a realy strong and maybe indestructible?

Or are free hubs any better? Need a disc one if i get one. Whats the best free hub to get thats disc?

Again i want a decent strong one!

Not fused how much they are just need a rally good strong one!

Cheers James

How could you have broke a tensile. I've had mine for nearly 1 and a half year's and never had any problem's , Regualary serviced though.

Plenty of people have broken them mate. Including me. I'd highly reccomend a Monty freewheel. My mate's had his for nearly 2 years and it's never skipped. I bought it from him to try it soon as my Tensile broke as well. I also love the White Industries freewheel, I have one on my BMX right now and it's very smooth, but I never ridden too much trials on it so it's probably really good from what I hear.

Eno, had one for 2 years and it was faultless, easly replacable internals means if it breaks it dead simple to fix and not too pricey, ran mine with 2 or 3 pawls for a while and it was fine still.

Ultimate freewheel.

brokentensile.jpg

... remains of my Tensile this week!!

I have a new Echo tr72 on now... will find out what it is like when i can stand on the bike again!!

unlucky ther mate.. :(

i use to run a eno for a bit back in 2005 i think.. i thaught it was mega.. also depends on what moneys you have bud

My Tensile Freewheel Broke But only cause it was loose and chain was forogt to tiet it up

but i recommend all freewheels are good but not the ACS one they break like mad i made the mistake of getting one.

Good luck dude.

You've gotta' be joking me, ACS freewheels are amazing, aslong as you locktite the lock ring the second you get it, i ran one for 3 years, never skipped, never serviced it, amazing freewheels.

Deffinately get an ENO, havent ever had a major or dangerous issue with mine, and even then if i have had a problem its easy to fix, or even bodge till you can fix it. Ohhh and even now its running smooth as butter. Had first skip in about 5 months, but it mde no difference to me as the pick up is so good on it.

If you have no problems with the amount of money then you should get a King!

and then buy an ISO disc hub shell for it and get the internals changed over :P

Then you have a Amazing hub with a 10 year warrantee and also you can buy everything you need for a King from Tarty :D

eno withe industries all the time.

The best , the more reliable.

Not the best engagement, but it's the only freewheel i can trust.

I have mine for 4 or 5 years now.

Not any skipping.

Only wrong point: the price.

But it worth it!

ENO. If you can afford it.

Mine only ever skipped when it was running on 5 paws out of 6. Never skipped before or after.

2 of my friends has the new viz freewheel, which seems pretty decent, although one of my friends one has skipped already but might just be bedding in still.

You could try a tensile, all of the ones my friends has had seemed to snap in half (the outer teeth) and only one I know that another friend still have hasn't killed him yet.

My list of freewheel that I would buy

• ENO
  • ENO
  • ENO (I'll be poor buy the time I go through my 3rd ENO...)
  • Tensile or VIZ
  • then whatever others...
What ever you do, even if it's given to you don't use a try-all 108.9 freewheel. I'll post a new thread when I get round to it to show you what happens inside. It's ridiculously shit.

I have a tensile and thats what me and my mate and loads of other people have broke. They only have 20 engagement points. Im never getting one of them again. Mine is all mangled up inside, there S**T. I will take a picture of the inside once i get it off and show you how bad it is. Another thing is tensiles are insane to get of the crank arm, ive only had mine 4 months and it broke and now we can't get it off as its so tight.

NEVER TRUST A TENSILE, THERE RUBBISH.

James

I have a tensile and thats what me and my mate and loads of other people have broke. They only have 20 engagement points. Im never getting one of them again. Mine is all mangled up inside, there S**T. I will take a picture of the inside once i get it off and show you how bad it is. Another thing is tensiles are insane to get of the crank arm, ive only had mine 4 months and it broke and now we can't get it off as its so tight.

NEVER TRUST A TENSILE, THERE RUBBISH.

James

From tarty:

Engagement is taken care of by three sets of two pawls, and these engage into a hardened chromoly 20 tooth ratchet (similar to an ACS Claws) to give 60 clicks.

And it being tight has nothing to do with the Freewheel, there all the same.

Edited by Adam-Griffin

Try-all 108.9 or monty never had a problem with them and I've heard that ENO's can explode. :S

I'll show you how shit the try alls are later tonight, I took some pictures of mine. It's baaaaaad!

I've seen tensiles explode/implode, never seen a ENO die though.