Speeding Quick Answers Needed.

Simpson

i dont tend to enter roundabouts at 50.

I do if I can see it's clear and the road allows it... Carried through from my days in the minivan when acceleration really wasn't a strong point.

Edit: Not in a 30 limit though. I tend to stick to the limit (there or thereabouts) in built up areas but on 50 or national limit roads with roundabouts it's fair game :).

guaranteed you'll do this once you start driving (if your car accelarates that fast)

I started driving recently and I have never done that, and never will. Most likely due to the fact I have a 5 month old Daughter who is often in the car with me, Oh, and I have some sense!

Frooty

guaranteed if your an idiot you'll do this once you start driving

As far as I am aware, as they monitored/measured his speed from a static location/position they have perfectly good evidence that he was speeding, but then it is whether they have video evidence of his speeding or just a general speed watch activity.

You implied it with that. Don't try and deny it because of the technicalities, you know you do/have done it.

in 30 zones, no. never.

on main roads where the speed limit is 50 then yes i oftens do it. when its safe and you have a good visibility i seenothing wrong with doing it, obviously if theres alot of vehicules and pedestrians about i wouldnt do it. im talking about on main roads here, not in the middle of towns or anywhere pedestrians would walk.

Wowowow... say what now? I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here that that was a typo but please tell me you don't really think the national speed limit is 50...

haha i know the national speed limit. but round here the council are tossres. a 25 mile strech of the A52 from skegness to boston, a very fast main road has varying speed limits ranging from 30 to 50 (max) despite having 5 mile straights with nothing but fields at the side of the roads.

haha i know the national speed limit. but round here the council are tossres. a 25 mile strech of the A52 from skegness to boston, a very fast main road has varying speed limits ranging from 30 to 50 (max) despite having 5 mile straights with nothing but fields at the side of the roads.

The A52 is a joke to be honest..... Used to be good when it was a 60 with only 1 speed camera.

I was just thinking lol (Nothing to do with this) But in Tokyo is it true if you are going VERY fast the police dont even bother chasing you? Like in Tokyo Drift :P

Think the max speed for a pursuit is like 130? (Correct me if I'm wrong) - However, all they need is your license plate and they know where you live. They can then proceed to set up a sting?

Fair enough. :)

I was just thinking lol (Nothing to do with this) But in Tokyo is it true if you are going VERY fast the police dont even bother chasing you? Like in Tokyo Drift :P

Depending on how fast you're going here too, they might not bother. "Someone I know" was doing 120mph on their motorbike on the M4 in the middle of the night. Spotted a T5 on a bridge ahead, and so sped up just 'cos he knew that they wouldn't bother trying to chase him because they'd know that by the time they made it onto the slip-road then started getting up to the speed he was doing, he'd be miiiiles away.