Do I Want A 24" ?

Mr Stack

Hi,

I've been in and out of trials for nearly 10 years now. I'm also involved in most other genre's, DJ, 4X, DH Etc. I have now got the trials bug back or i think more or a street orientated bug as im not too into the technical side and just want to go big and spin off everything.

I really think i would suit a 24" over a 26", however having never riden a 24" am worried i wouldn't get along with it.

Has anyone here made the move to 24"? Am i getting worried over nothing?

James

P.S could a Mod activate my account to i can start PM'ing other users selling bikes...

I rode stock for a while and got increasingly bored of it and the way trials was/is moving so i risked it on a 24''. A year or so later i find myself running slicks at 65PSI on a 24'' with a fairly tough gear. I'd still say i was a trials rider but i suppose in reality its more just street riding, but as far as i'm concerned i'm having more fun than ever. I do like technical riding but its the non-flowing static inch pinching i can't stand. I want to ride with a flow and momentum and thats why i moved to 24'' to have the best of both worlds and indulge in that style of riding.

It was the best thing i ever did!

Now that the Malcolm in the Middle theme tune's out of the way...

I'd say yes. Moving from stock to 24" was one of the best things i've done bike-wise, so much fun! Absolutely love it, even though i'm pretty shit it's always fun to ride.

It seems like the right thing to do ... All you 24" riders seem to want the same thing as me...

Can a moderator please activate my account so i can try and get hold of this Owen who is selling the Leeson 609..?? Its getting a little frustrating there is no other way to contact him..

Bonjour!

Interested in my bike i see?

Anything you want to know in particular?

Owen

Hey there,

Yeh.. it's a little difficult getting hold of you being a "pre member" i cant post anywhere and you have no direct email on your profile..

Im definatly interesting in getting a 24" and like the look of your leeson..

I'm curious what the overall condition of the frame and components are?, How old is this bike too? Are they ProII Hope hubs?

Where about are you located? I'm sure your within a drivable distance, however if not would you consider posting?

Could you reply via my email or let me know yours? (james_oakes_@hotmail.com) just incase i make a offer, i would like to do that outside the thread

Cheers

Hi,

I've been in and out of trials for nearly 10 years now. I'm also involved in most other genre's, DJ, 4X, DH Etc. I have now got the trials bug back or i think more or a street orientated bug as im not too into the technical side and just want to go big and spin off everything.

I really think i would suit a 24" over a 26", however having never riden a 24" am worried i wouldn't get along with it.

Has anyone here made the move to 24"? Am i getting worried over nothing?

James

P.S could a Mod activate my account to i can start PM'ing other users selling bikes...

hello james,

in reply to your question, i used to ride a 24inch for a while and found i was unable to get along with it in turms of the size of it*my opinion* im a tall guy so i thought i would try out suing the 26inch i found iw as able to move it around alot easer i guess it just pends on your personel prefrence,i think what u should maybe do is before you go ahead and purchase eather one maybe just hang out with some fellow riders and just try theres out and see what you get along with best,last thing you want to do is spend alot of money on somthing your not going to be happy with,but what your doing atm is the best way in my opion just asking the fellow riders on here i found all the silly little questions i had buzzing round my head about my trialy were nothign big when speaking to the guys on here.

hope my info is any help to you buddie

adam.

do it. you won't regret it . unless you hate fun. do you hate fun???

Off topic : nice name, I love Pink Floyd, but I really didn't like that album as that was the first of no Roger Waters.

Anyway, yeah, I'd love to give 24" a try, but I'm pretty much broke so it will still have to wait a while. I love riding mods though so I will always have to have one of those around.

Hey there,

Yeh.. it's a little difficult getting hold of you being a "pre member" i cant post anywhere and you have no direct email on your profile..

Im definatly interesting in getting a 24" and like the look of your leeson..

I'm curious what the overall condition of the frame and components are?, How old is this bike too? Are they ProII Hope hubs?

Where about are you located? I'm sure your within a drivable distance, however if not would you consider posting?

Could you reply via my email or let me know yours? (james_oakes_@hotmail.com) just incase i make a offer, i would like to do that outside the thread

Cheers

The frame is very good condition, one very very tiny dent on the top tube, hasnt taken the paint off or anything, most people wouldnt even notice it, but i thought id tell you anyway :D

The bike is a few years old, not sure on any specific date or anything. I am the 2nd owner of the bike. The hubs are xc, but work surprisingly well. Never skipped on me, and i have never had a problem with either of them.

Im located near Birmingham, and im afraid im not comfortable with the idea of posting the bike, would prefur to meet up somewhere.

My email unfortunately isnt working at the minute, so i could text you or something if you want to put your number up on here?

Oh by the way owen if Mr.Stack drops out I would be very interested into your 24" but i dont want Mr.Stack to miss out

Ok great, well whoever offers me the money first will get the bike, dont mean to sound like an arse, but im not messing around holding it for anyone, as i need the cash pretty sharpish.

Cheers

Owen

Off topic : nice name, I love Pink Floyd, but I really didn't like that album as that was the first of no Roger Waters.

Anyway, yeah, I'd love to give 24" a try, but I'm pretty much broke so it will still have to wait a while. I love riding mods though so I will always have to have one of those around.

first album without roger was 'a momentary lapse of reason', HACKTUALLY. and yes, post Waters is shit.

ontopic: I'm building up my 24 again and i'm shaking like a shitting dog with excitment. plus its the original inspired.... :giggle:

first album without roger was 'a momentary lapse of reason', HACKTUALLY. and yes, post Waters is shit.

ontopic: I'm building up my 24 again and i'm shaking like a shitting dog with excitment. plus its the original inspired.... :giggle:

Hoops, yeah, me being a huge Floydian fan, that's pretty embarassing. :$ Yeah, I got all their albums and what Gilmour did after Waters was gone just wasn't good at all. I keep hoping that "One of These Days" that they will get back together as a band and at least do live shows, albums would be great, but probably not. Don't know who they would have on the synthesizers though.

Oh, enough with the rant. I want a 24 so bad, just hoping to get my A3 sold, my Monty built up, then I can swap my Zhi for a 24" if possible.

Im in a similar possition mate. Im about to make the leap and a get a marino 24" i come from a street/dirt/DH background and i think ill enjoy it. So be brave and go for it. If you dont.... so what sell it and get a stock bike its not the end of the world is it?