Freewheels ?

bt rider

alright iv always fan a casset hub up until 6 months ago when i got my xtp2 witch came with a try-all 108.9 ffw.

i worked amazing for a bit until it started skipping every now and agen.

i sold that and now im building a mod stock so i just wondered witch is the best ffw to go for money aside ?

so what would you recoment ?

I personally run an ENO and like the sealed bearing and rebuildability of the freewheel. However, having had a play with Scott Wilsons bike sporting the (proto) Tensile 96 freewheel I would be tempted to give one a go in the future. They sound nuts with the only negative I can find being the open bearings but then again if you look after it that shouldn't be a problem. They're also fully rebuildable and RRP is only £44.99 I think so pretty bargainous to boot.

hmm, I have never had great feelings for ENOs, sure they are all replaceable and have sealed bearings, but the ones I had still skipped and they have sslliigghhttllyy oversized threads so are more prone to strip than other freewheels (still hard to do though)

ENO.

hmm, I have never had great feelings for ENOs, sure they are all replaceable and have sealed bearings, but the ones I had still skipped and they have sslliigghhttllyy oversized threads so are more prone to strip than other freewheels (still hard to do though)
You say that now! :P

But yeah I love my Eno, my monty one is good too, but it has skiped like 5/6 times (never in a move though)

You say that now! :P

But yeah I love my Eno, my monty one is good too, but it has skiped like 5/6 times (never in a move though)

it didnt skip loads, but the lockring came undone a couple of times which led to the skips, I just felt more confident with an echo one

I personally run an ENO and like the sealed bearing and rebuildability of the freewheel. However, having had a play with Scott Wilsons bike sporting the (proto) Tensile 96 freewheel I would be tempted to give one a go in the future. They sound nuts with the only negative I can find being the open bearings but then again if you look after it that shouldn't be a problem. They're also fully rebuildable and RRP is only £44.99 I think so pretty bargainous to boot.

(Y)(Y)(Y)

Dave knows the score :)