Zoo! Forks Go To Weight Watchers!

chris slater

Don't f**k with steerer tubes! Every set of forks I broke snapped on the steerer, and all those MontySSS ones did too. It's fully not worth it.

not much force if you do it inbetween the headset cups...the main stress risers are on the legs, magura mounts, disc mounts, in line with the lower headset, in line with top headset cup.

Id say thats the safest place to remove some material, apart from the dropouts.

not much force if you do it inbetween the headset cups...the main stress risers are on the legs, magura mounts, disc mounts, in line with the lower headset, in line with top headset cup.

Id say thats the safest place to remove some material, apart from the dropouts.

My urbans snapped at the top and the bottom of the steerer tube, that wasnt fun to carry home lol.

Don't f**k with steerer tubes! Every set of forks I broke snapped on the steerer, and all those MontySSS ones did too. It's fully not worth it.

ok i wont (Y)

although zoo's have got a 5mm thick steerer i think...( or close too)

Edited by chris slater

Bingo.

what has the fact that they're urbans got anything to do with it? theyre hardly weak :unsure:

Every set I snapped went level with the top of the headset cup/bottom of the stem.

exactly.... the stress risers are where they meet the headset, where the fork is inside the frame, theres not a huge amount of stress present .eg.... headset cup- ]| frame |[headset cup