Ali C's Production Stinger

AdamR28

Built up before the weekend, I am sure he will comment on the ride!

Geo (with 410mm/40mm offset fork): 1085, 390 chainstay (392 at the moment with a stretched chain), +45 BB, 72 head, 670 'reach', frame weight 1.82kg, bike weight 9.82kg. Frame price £292.64.

ali1.jpg

ali2.jpg

ali3.jpg

ali4.jpg

ali5.jpg

Cheers!

Adam

oh my god! this is the BEST bike I have ever had! Even better than the proto.

Its VERY stiff, the box section tubing and long weld between stays makes the back end very rigid, the front is also very stiff from the tubing profiles.

Strength also seems very good. My proto was put through its paces, missed taps to downtube, missed sidehops to chainstays, hooks, harsh taps, big drops. Not a single dent or crack (but plenty of scratches).

The geo is slightly different, mainly the longer chainstays. I have been wanting to try out a higher bb bike with longer stays for a while. You get the advantage of the clearance you get with a higher bb, but not the pogostick effect you get.

I have found the longer stays helps loads with taps as it keeps my weight forward when landing and stops my back wheel looping out when my front hits the wall. I did a 57" (almost vert) tap that I have been trying for years on my first ride on this stinger!

Sidehops also seem good, I am not sure the exact reason, but I managed to sidehop a rock at my local place that I have not been able to do since I broke my ankle.

I am loving the vees also, best brakes ever, and yes, one of my levers is drilled out loads lol, it was on my racing bmx (7.8kg bmx!)

Videos and pics to come soon hopefully (when the weather gets remotely good!)

Looks lovely....

Does it need the rear brake booster ... frame flex or v brake post flex?

Its plenty stiff without the booster, but it increases the brake holding power 10 fold with a booster.

rear brake is:

Shimano XT arms

Avid SD& lever

TNN LGV pads

Salsa carbon booster

Shimano SP5 cable

Onza 4-bolt adaptors

Works REALLY well!

Also, don't let the longer stays put you off, its great on the rear wheel, it rides like a +30mm bike.

What a bike Ali, you really do need to get yourself to kenny's place and ride with us at the common(awesome natural spot) and street on kennys new echo!

And i really reall really can not wait to see this 57" tap :- , sounds rather sweet.

cheers josh.

p.s, tarty are going to get huge order of vee's i can just see it :giggle:

Edited by Mr Bob

I like the look of this alot!

Whats it like for spinny tricks Ali? Don't say you haven't done any or i wont be best pleased! If you're gna bring out a vid, put some cool Ali C tricks in it too! Or come to N wales next week and Ill make the vid!