Reasonable Price To Pay For A Base Ta26?

~Samsam~

My friend is selling one, (well, more of an aquaintance) and he wants me to make him an offer on it.

It's made up from mostly 2nd hand parts, if not all and probably won't be in perfect nick (Off to ride it tomorrow to try it out, make sure it's ok)

but it's actuall components arn't too bad (Front and rear Hs33s I think)

Just wanted to know a price bracket (understanding you can't give me an exact price as you can't see it)

I'll see if I can get a few pictures of it tomorrow too

Thanks (Y)

All I know is that it's a base ta26 with your standard run of the mill parts, nothing flash and it's well scuffed, will know more tomorrow though

I was looking for a stab in the dark estimate really because I don't know wether it's worth £150 or £450

Am I right in thinking the TA26's were sold for sweet FA on tarty in one of their countdown sales and stuff like that ?

I didn't think they were worth much, especially seeing as at my work were selling a brand new Phase 1.3 for £150 and we've just taken an Ashton in PX with CK hubs, Echo rims and Crank etc etc for £240....

Have a look about, I'm sure you could do better than that.

*Sun rims?

Basically mountain bike parts.... I'd say around £150 max, what hubs does it have?

Asked about hubs, no reply

Please note: Alex Dark offers nothing for everything.

£200 would be a fairer price. Whilst those parts aren't necessarily trials specific, they're certainly not bad. Throw a few pictures up if you can, should help with figures :)

Yea, I'll get pictures tomorrow

but yea, I might get this and then buy a new frame a bit later, I'm not that fussy

Please note: Alex Dark offers nothing for everything.

£200 would be a fairer price. Whilst those parts aren't necessarily trials specific, they're certainly not bad. Throw a few pictures up if you can, should help with figures :)

:| to be fair, that frame with basically dj components is hardly worth a bomb is it? I mean the maguras will only add £30 or so onto the value.

Ok, I have photots

The bike is quite heavy, I'd estimate between 12~14 kg

He said he'd include a seat + seat clamp

They are just standard Shimano hubs

Breaks seem quite grippy but I have nothing to compare them to so arn't quite sure

dscf2155e.th.jpg

dscf2156r.th.jpg

dscf2157o.th.jpg

dscf2158.th.jpg

dscf2160p.th.jpg

And I'm thinking I'm going to wait till I get to Newcastle, because I'd have to change quite a bit on it I think

Edited by ~Samsam~

Probably not worth buying for that price in all honesty, unless you're set on buying a really oldskool streety set-up id wait till something better specced and more trialsy comes along

There's my 2 pence :)

Yea ok, thanks

I think that's what I'll do

Thanks for helping anyway guys ^_^