Magura Or V-brake?

JLKitching

What do people think is a better brake, Magura or a V-Brake. Please tell me the good and bad points for each of the brakes. Thanks Jordan.K . x

Magura : Lighter if you have maggura mounts, easier to get a aworking setup, generally cheaper than a comparable vee, easier to upgrade, better bite, less hassle to setup, mod's and vee's tend not to go too well ( rear vee that is )

Vee: Better hold with a decent setup, lighter if you have vee mounts, no bleeding/split hoses issues, quieter, works better backwards

Edit: oh and better pad selection with magura :)

Edited by Alex Dark

ok thankyou for the help, i think i will be staying front magura for now then, as you all agree with them. I used to have a disc but after about a year it stopped working and didn't bite at all so i gave up with them, and also my mate has one and always has problems with his so they are out of my mind. Thanks x

MAGURA! when i had vees on my t-pro they were allways slipping and i was allways falling on my arse. now i have magura's they are somuch better never slip atall!

Laurence.

EDIT: sorry i didnt realise i'd allready replyed

You had shit vees, you might as well compare them to HS11s with no posh bits and maggy blacks.

If you get a decent vee set-up, you can get it as good as, if not better than a magura.

I have found that Vees are extremely good and with a good setup they can be just as good as maguras.

Im currently running the standard vees from a MAD Phase 1.3 and with Rock blues in CNC backings on a light grind and I can not fault it.

Its mainly down to what you prefer. Personaly Im staying with vees.