Anyone Got Any Side Hopping Tips Please ?

Cotty08

its because when you sidd you do a massive hop forward which gives you forward momentum and when you land you naturally turn your front wheel this combined with going forward makes you roll off the wall try traveling to the side rather than forward loads

What Are You Doing This For? Does It Make You Feel Special?

Staying on the object is purely practise. It's simply - I fall over the way I came - land and lean away from where I came. I fall over the way I'm going - land and lean towards where you came from.

GOD ! i only asked for a little advice !

That Vid Helped Cheers, Wudnt Mind A Bit More Advice Thow Guys ? (Y)

Stop with the cap's at the start of each word, it is quite annoying :S

Like Revolver said, its just leaning....as you push yourself you're concentrating more on getting the height, and so land at a more awkward angle...just keep at it (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a somewhat related question.

I just can't seem to get up any object higher up then around 30-40 cm or so. Can all you guys jump as high without the bikes as you can with them? Standing still i mean. I am a rather large fellow, too large in fact, and jumping up stuff is not my forte so to speak so i was wondering if there is any trick as to boost the upward momentum a bit or if it is just a matter of practice and raw jumping power?

I've got a somewhat related question.

I just can't seem to get up any object higher up then around 30-40 cm or so. Can all you guys jump as high without the bikes as you can with them? Standing still i mean. I am a rather large fellow, too large in fact, and jumping up stuff is not my forte so to speak so i was wondering if there is any trick as to boost the upward momentum a bit or if it is just a matter of practice and raw jumping power?

Preload - before you jump, quickly sit down onto your tyre so it compresses - this will give you more spring. It works with all moves, not just sidehops.