This Is Not A Buy / Sell Page!

MadManMike

Did this get your attention?

Good.

Please read the rules before trying to buy or sell on this part of the forum. It's getting rather boring looking at closed topics or reading topics that end up being someone trying to beat the system and sell their old bike.

Either be patient and wait to be validated or f**k off to eBay!

Thanks for your time.

i agree but as a newbie wanting to get into trials and bikless i cant put a wanted add up for a bike?

No, you could still potentially be a scammer. That is why this rule is in place, do not question it.

when registering cant one of the site mods have a page that shows all the rules of the site

this way theres no excuse for not knowing the rules?

?

Well, yeah, but there's THREE whole topics - two stickies and one announcement, at the top of the page, telling you the rules. It's not like they're incon-fahking-spicuous, nah, izzit?

Well, yeah, but there's THREE whole topics - two stickies and one announcement, at the top of the page, telling you the rules. It's not like they're incon-fahking-spicuous, nah, izzit?

yes but before they finish there registration - a page will pop up showing the rules which you must click "i agree" before they are allowed on the site

No, you could still potentially be a scammer. That is why this rule is in place, do not question it.

true but any forum has scammers more of them sell stuff not ask for stuff lol. i agree rules are rules but as a newbie i must say i found it a little harsh specially as posts for bikes for sale in the newbie bit get slatted. i want to get into trials, i have no bike at mo and it feels like i cant participate in the forum much as a restriceted person. dont take it the wrong way as this is prolly the best looking trials forum but i was a little put off at first. i can see the validation bit hard as no one knows you. either ways i hope i get a bike soon and just get out and ride.

Edited by mr.tattoo

But I do think that we should be able to post for sale. Otherwise we have to wait ages to be validated? Do you not think this is fair?

One of the reasons the validation system was brought in was to cut down on scammers coming here only to scam people out of money/parts. It is regrettable that genuine and enthusiastic people are treated the same by being made to go through this validation "period" but from what I can see the system is helping in this respect.

As for whether wanted threads should be allowed, I don't think so, it's just as easy to scam someone out of something they are selling as it is to scam someone out of money by pretending to sell something (this has been seen quite recently in fact).

The new validation system will allow genuine people to become full members much quicker anyway so I really don't see there being any need for complaints about not being validated. If people aren't voting for you, it will be for a reason.

I will end by adding that there is also little need for the condescending nature of some of the full members, but hey even I'm d*ck at times :P

Everyone that joins up and is friendly and that is very welcome, I'm just getting fed up with "alwite m8z, got me byk up 4 sayl. Lukin to gt £300 4 it."

Those are the people this thread is aimed at, the illiterate idiots that just sign up to sell their bike / scam other members.

LOL @ dannytrialskid too, are you being serious?

I say this every time a thread pops up about forsale / wanted in new members. I was always under the impression that the reason it was banned was to stop people using new members to sell their stuff and only ever post to sell their stuff. Which i think is a better reason anyway.

Seemed to me the whole being scammed issue came it after the rule was enforced. (Anyone got a link to the original topic?)

Anyway, it's really easy to get validated now, users can vote for validation, it only used to be the mods and admin. So now all you need to do is make a couple of posts that use capital letters and full stops and you're good to go. (Y)

I say this every time a thread pops up about forsale / wanted in new members. I was always under the impression that the reason it was banned was to stop people using new members to sell their stuff and only ever post to sell their stuff. Which i think is a better reason anyway.

Seemed to me the whole being scammed issue came it after the rule was enforced. (Anyone got a link to the original topic?)

Anyway, it's really easy to get validated now, users can vote for validation, it only used to be the mods and admin. So now all you need to do is make a couple of posts that use capital letters and full stops and you're good to go. (Y)

I've got a link, but it wouldn't be much use to you...

Anyway, this thread's getting so boring I'm actually going to lock this, then go and re-stock all the Tarty workbenches ready for work tomorrow. I'd rather be doing actual work rather than read more of this. That says a lot.

EDIT: Simultaneous pwn!