Heatsinkbikes.com - New Mk2 Cnc Backings!

Heatsink

Very nice. Its good to see Heatsink making a comeback.

i feel the same as much as youve been selling all your yellows and stuff, its nice to see new things, from such a good company.

i miss your vee adapters and boosters etc, if they was 2 bolt and more "in" as you would say youd be on a winner.

there nice simple backings aswell. also noticed the thickness of your pad material on the new yellows (Y) alot for your money there as everyone likes to see :)

need a new 20" rider though :P *coff coff my new videos allmost done ;)

Just a quick one because I'm working hard at the moment on preparing CNC brake pads for send out to those who have ordered them!

Check out this BMX video of Sam Davis Bate riding Heatsink CNC Vees!

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....t&p=1992627

EDIT:

Some new photos!

Promo%20CNC%20yelllow.jpg

Promo%20CNC%20white.jpg

Promo%20CNC%20Coust.jpg

Promo%20CNC%20Vee%20Coust.jpg

All now available to order (ignore the old CNC backings on my site whilst I get around to updating them) and they come with the usual FREE Heatsink goodies of Cadbury Chocolate Eclairs sweets and large HeatsinkBikes.com sticker!

HSBstickerbike640.jpg

Cheers,

Steve

What do these babys weigh?

Thanks for your patience on the weights. Here's the full summary :)

V2 CNC Magura backing = 7.8g each, a 33% weight reduction compared to the V1!

These backings have been slimmed from 9mm to 7.5mm and material removed at the rear too

V2 CNC Vee backing = 10.8g each (assembly of alu backing and steel boss), a 9% weight reduction compared to the V1.

No change to backing thickness of 7.1mm, material removed at the rear.

CNC Backings look very slick. you've got my backing there steve :lol:

Thanks!

Look pretty neat Steve.

On a side note, what's the most comparable compound tot eh old reds you now use?

The white or yellow pads (same compound but different colour pigment) have the closest properties. As used by the HSB Team riders including Aurelien Fontenoy (4x World Jr Champ), Patrick Donovan (2009 Spanish Champ + many other titles!). Aussie female Trials star Janine "J9" Jungfels swears by the HSB blues in CNC Magura backings. Watch out for the Interviews with Patrick and Janine I'll have up on my site soon!

Very nice. Its good to see Heatsink making a comeback.

Thanks for your nice comments! The CNC backings are where it all began for HeatsinkBikes. It's great to be in a position now to revisit these and make them as good as they can be in the light of current knowledge and hard won experience!

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. The CNC backed pads are all now winging their way out to those who have ordered them so far. I look forward to your feedback here once these beauties arrive with you! I have more backings looking for new homes too :) All they want is a master who will ride them hard and refill them after they have shown outstanding service!

Thanks for your patience on the weights. Here's the full summary :)

V2 CNC Magura backing = 7.8g each, a 33% weight reduction compared to the V1!

These backings have been slimmed from 9mm to 7.5mm and material removed at the rear too

Wow that's light!

So, because the backings have been made 1.5mm slimmer does that mean the compounds will become 1.5mm meatier?

Eg. snowies now have 9.5mm life instead of 8mm?

Thats would be mental!

Wow that's light!

So, because the backings have been made 1.5mm slimmer does that mean the compounds will become 1.5mm meatier?

Thats would be mental!

surely if they get larger they'd be moar prone to ripping out?

Wow that's light!

Thats would be mental!

It was one of the key positive points I was telling the world about when I first got the Heatsink Pad mould tooling sorted, that the Heatsink pads were 8mm rather than the previously standard 6mm of competitors (1/3 extra pad for your money!). The cautious V1 CNC backing design added 1.5mm to the backing height at each side compared to standard plastic backings, and over time as rim set-ups got tighter then it unfortunately wasn't always possible to fit the full 8mm of pad. Bad times :(

Now the V2 thickness acknowledges the standard plastic backing height as optimum :)

Steve