Tnn Lgm

Mike Beck

They work best on a sharp grind (not necessarily a harsh grind, just sharp), so if you've got a worn/smoothed off grind they might not work that great. A fresh grind should get them sorted and working nicely, but the main thing is to try and make sure that you set the pads up completely square to the rim. It'll make your brake work a lot better, and the pads themselves will last a lot longer too.

I put my LGMs on my bike as soon as I got it, and with a fresh grind they had great bite and great hold instantly. Super good pads...

I put my LGMs on my bike as soon as I got it, and with a fresh grind they had great bite and great hold instantly. Super good pads...

Same. But I put my pads on an old ish grind, and they worked instantly, stupidly bitey and noisey. Although, they died in a week and a half so don't go too rough with the grind.

Same. But I put my pads on an old ish grind, and they worked instantly, stupidly bitey and noisey. Although, they died in a week and a half so don't go too rough with the grind.

Mmm, I know a dude who got some of these pads, I think they lasted a week? There's still material left, but he reckons it wouldn't last a day of riding.

Like I said...

A fresh grind should get them sorted and working nicely, but the main thing is to try and make sure that you set the pads up completely square to the rim. It'll make your brake work a lot better, and the pads themselves will last a lot longer too.

It makes a massive difference!

It's sorta hard to say without saying those words again :P Basically, it's just the way the grind feels when you touch it. Like you can have sharp light, medium or harsh grinds, in the same way you can do a really harsh grind that's just rough rather than sharp and won't necessarily give you as much bite, but will utterly rape your pads. It sounds stupid, but there is a difference.