Injuries....

r2wtrials

Right, he is going to get some stick for this...

Ben Johnson, or Crazy legs crane as i call him, turned down a ride out the other night because he had hurt the muscles in his neck..... from hoovering!!!! :D

Whats the strangest injury you have had or worst excuse from a mate to come riding?

Not an excuse or injury but more a repetitive strain. Sometimes when i yawn my neck and lower face goes in to a spasm (like a stroke) and it blocks my windpipe (i guess the muscles contracting) so i cannot breathe whilst it is happening. So far they only usually last 10-30 seconds but i'm hoping the day doesn't come when i have a 10 minute one!

Had a really tight knot in my back so wasn't going to ride. Thought i'd ride anyway and make it into a proper pain......which is exactly what happened.

I crushed my right wrist after going all mike tyson on the gymnasium floor.

Was playing volleyball indoors and one of the girls did a "close my eyes and flail my arms"-pass ending with my sliding head first into some rather heavy equipment. Pissed as i was from hitting my head i jumped up, curled up in a little ball and threw all my weight and arm-power into hitting the floor while on my way down. My wrist felt like popping a balloon. They later found pieces of bone from my wrist down at my knuckles so it basically exploded from the impact. Afterwards one of my more physics-happy friends calculated that my fist had struck the the floor with enough force to shatter most of my arm so i was lucky i didn't blow out my elbow and/or shoulder with it.

I got the ball up and over the net though, and we won so it was totally worth it :)