Kickass Koxx Karbon

Endohopper

Having ridden a pretty conventional bike over the last few years , I finally decided to go trials specific .

post-3439-1256307702_thumb.jpg

Second hand frame , but in superb condition .

post-3439-1256307681_thumb.jpg

Pretty high rise bars , but I'm a tall fella and it suits the bike's relatively short wheelbase . Thankfully it doesn't have absurd B.B rise , either .

post-3439-1256307654_thumb.jpg

I'd always wanted this sadly discontinued frame and am already pretty comfortable with it .

post-3439-1256307755_thumb.jpg

Incredibly stiff back end , SO obedient on the back wheel . Temporary cheapo crankset !

post-3439-1256307776_thumb.jpg

Kinda selling out , as I feel Seniors should ride conventional saddled bikes , preffereably with DCD chain tensioners .

post-3439-1256307797_thumb.jpg

Despite the 4 bolt mounts , I see no reason to abandon V brakes . I kinda bought this opportunistically knowing that I'd never get another chance at a Karbon , and I'm amazed at Koxx's the quality of construction . I've never ridden a bike that felt so right , it's really rekindled my enjoyment of riding now and this should keep a smile on my face throughout the winter .

Although this bike looks "strange" with this set up between trial and "street / bmx" it's nice, maybe for a mix uses?

But i think that in this way, this frame is not the best selection, maybe marino or something like that??

• 4 weeks later...

Well over a month later and I'm totally amazed at how a good frame can radically alter riding style and good old fashioned enjoyment . It took some getting used to since it's forerunner was a Base TA26 but this frame just feels so much better in terms of geometry and build quality - especially the rear triangle is just stiff as Hell .

Kinda disturbing that it's previous owner felt it necessary to drill the headtube :blink: - professional competition bike too heavy for you , Sir ? Still - a bargain at 90 Euro even if she snaps tomorrow !