Ufc

Adam-Griffin

After 2 of the slickest armbars I've ever seen in my life, and a beautifully transitioned trianlge choke to armbar they go and give Submission of the night to f**king triangle?! Thats ridiculous, possibly the most basic, un interesting and easiest submission there is.

Dissapointed he tapped, but I can see why. I think he DEFFINATLY exposed Brock tonight though. All it takes is a wrestling background and some sharp striking and the mans in deep, DEEP trouble; As show cased in round one.

Oh wait, isn't Cain a wrestler with some sweet boxing? Very impressed with the card, wish Shane had won though :( Dissapointed he got tired after the first, he should have trained for that. Especially at Greg Jacksons camp :S

Edit: That armbar Seth tapped to was brutal :o Still glad hes back in the ufc though, i find him really exciting to watch; win or lose.

Edited by Adam-Griffin

After 2 of the slickest armbars I've ever seen in my life, and a beautifully transitioned trianlge choke to armbar they go and give Submission of the night to f**king triangle?! Thats ridiculous, possibly the most basic, un interesting and easiest submission there is.

Dissapointed he tapped, but I can see why. I think he DEFFINATLY exposed Brock tonight though. All it takes is a wrestling background and some sharp striking and the mans in deep, DEEP trouble; As show cased in round one.

Oh wait, isn't Cain a wrestler with some sweet boxing? Very impressed with the card, wish Shane had won though :( Dissapointed he got tired after the first, he should have trained for that. Especially at Greg Jacksons camp :S

Edit: That armbar Seth tapped to was brutal :o Still glad hes back in the ufc though, i find him really exciting to watch; win or lose.

I agree.

As much as I hate him well done to Brock though for staying in there. If Carwin didn't gas himself out he wouldn't have stood a chance. Carwin was just looking for a way out. I saw the arm triangle a mile off too. I'm impressed with Leben he's not a good fighter but he's got heart.

I agree.

As much as I hate him well done to Brock though for staying in there. If Carwin didn't gas himself out he wouldn't have stood a chance. Carwin was just looking for a way out. I saw the arm triangle a mile off too. I'm impressed with Leben he's not a good fighter but he's got heart.

Yeaah, I was sat here shouting at the tv as if he could hear me, it was an obvious setup and he should have seen that coming if he hadn't punched himself out. I think if Dana came out and said theres a rematch in say, 4 months time or so I think i'd probably still go for Carwin. He just didn't train for the right things. The official betting odds for this ending in a submission were SO low! I think he just planned on finishing it in the first and put all his eggs in one basket. I'm not making excuses for him, Brock won fair and square and I have a new found respect for him but last night showed hes not this massive powerhouse wrestler that NO ONE can defend against. Props to Brock, and Carwin!

I don't like Leben as a person, butas a fighter hes super entertaining. Still think Wand would murder him though. Sexyamas lucky it wasn't Silva, because he would have been brutalised if leben can do that to him..

KO slam was sick! Infact, the whole card in general was pretty sick. Deffinatly the best of the year regardless of the outcomes.

• 1 month later...

haha thats random

nah my username is my initials.

silva v sonnen tonight! i dont like both of them so a double knock out would be nice lol.

although i can only see it going one way. spider by cocky too talented skill

Thought I'd reply here as not to fill up the rest of Tf with 'barbaric human cockfighting' bullshit...

Silva via flashy KO Rnd1/rnd2, or Sonnen via 5 rounds of laynpray Unanimous decision.

I Don't even know why I'm giving him a chance, because theirs no f**king way he should win this, yet the UFC hype machine has actually made me question what i know haha :( I f**king love his shit talking, but hes just not good enough to beat Silva. Bring on Silva Vs Belfort <3

I'm more excited for Nelson Vs JDS, actually...

Andddddddddddd, Alves vs fitch is going to be a fight of the year candidate, shame Alves missed the weight limit though. Kinda expected it with his track record tbf...

Guess we'll see if matt hughes really is as washed up as people claim he is tonight aswell..

Looks to be a decent card, which is never a good thing. The cards that look stacked with big names and big fights are normally the most boring where as shit cards with people hardly anyones ever heard of tend to be the best :(

2vn2muq.jpg

Edited by Adam-Griffin

• 3 years later...

bit of a massive bump

is there still some people on here who are watching ufc or others mma shows?

just watch ufc 164.

my jaw just dropped after the main event finish!!!!

opinions anyone?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee love UFC, who you like watching the most?

The Diaz brothers for me haha they get a lot of hate but in my eyes they are the shit!

diaz-brothers-insecure-fingers.png

Condit is an animal too love watching him, did you watch his fight last wednesday night/ thursday morning?

very good photo choice indeed :D

yeah I can understand the love here

not a fan or their fighting style/attitude

but it sure provides some very entertaining fights ;)

I did watch the first round of condit vs kampman but I had to save the rest of the fight for later

I just love how much heart he has. you can punch him in the face all day long, you can put him down, he's always comming back to head kick you with rage!!!

Matt Brown is one of my favourite fighters! He's never in a boring fight!

yeah, he's an animal

another very cool dude is mister Hunt

what do you think?

162988064.0_standard_352.0.jpg

ps: and about josh thomson, if you haven't yet, go watch his trilogy fight against melendez

Strikeforce-Evolution-6.GilbertMelendezv

some of the best fights I ever seen ;)

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

Mark hunt is a tank, some really good fights in line for the years end. Really looking forward for the Hendricks and GSP fight, hope Hendricks knocks him senseless and a Condit and Nick diaz 2 would be a good fight im sure. WARDIAZ

Any of you off up to Manchesters fight night? Bisping v Munoz

where do you guys watch your MMA stuff?

I started by watching some famous fights on youtube and looking for more by searching fighters profile on wiki.

now I follow mma news on bloodyelbow website (way better than sherdog IMO) and when there's something worth watching I DL it via torrent.

for the true mma fans: I even DL the whole Pride package last year (about 60 GO I think) :D

shogun,crocop,fedor,wandy,sakuraba etc at their best

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

here's a list of some very good fights I would recommand

Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar 2 and 3

Shogun vs Henderson

Thomson vs Melendez (the 3 fights)

John Jones vs Machida

Jim Miller vs Joe Lauzon

Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez 2

korean Zombie vs Leonard Garcia (2 fights)

in the old days:

Shogun vs Arona

Shogun vs Rampage

Arona vs Rampage

Rampage vs Sakuraba

Fedor vs Randleman

ps: the shogun vs rampage fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HURawqwJJx4

Edited by chimpanzyyyy