Ufc

Adam-Griffin

I really don't rate Shogun, he's still living off his reputation in Pride.

Pat barry vs Hardonk will either be a very short, or very good fight.

I used to think that but since that Ko victory over lidelll he's really started pick things up, his conditionings not the best but people tend to underestimate him. Also think his Stand up is very good and that people don't take that into account, he's a great submissionist but a very good boxer aswell. I think it'll be a close one but ultimately, think Shoguns got it ;)

Really want to go and see 105 in Manchester next month, hmmm.

Lesnar Vs Carwin is going to be epic.

• Like 1

Machida/shogun decision was a joke, f**king robbery

I've just had this out with Hail :P

Shogun won the 1st 2 rounds and the last 2 rounds and i think the 3rd round although that one could be argued, theres alot of people on MMAshare pissed of about it aswell, ok, so they've agreed a re-match but that give machida time to prepare for his style now knowing what hes in for, which isn't fair. I think machida Knows he lost it aswell tbf, no matter what he says he did not win that fight.

333x4ix.jpg

• Like 1

Lol, peoples is a twat. It's the 1st decision I've actually been fuming at, shogun was hands raised all smiles, machida was hands on hips looking at the floor, Too right there's a rematch but like you said Machida gets time to be double prepared now, I don't think anyone should be allowed to leapfrog shogun either. Hopefully rematch for the new years card!

Sherdog forum is the same, outrage lol.

He may still have the belt but Shogun took his mystique away, he looked totally beatable (actually he was f**king beaten) lol

Leon

Edited by LEON

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watch 105? Might be an idea to use spoilers, Kev hasn't watched yet :P

I thought it was all rather predictable really, except from the Cotoure vs Vera, i didn't expect him to come out so strong, really close fight and i think it could of gone either way.

Also enjoyed the Hardy fight, think he deserved that win although Gsp's going to destroy him.

Gustaffasons knockout was awe worthy, came out of no where :o

106 next week :)

Gutted that the Lesnar-Carwin bouts being delayed :( Was looking forward to that. Ortiz Vs griffin should still be pretty entertaining though.

Edited by Adam-Griffin
  • Like 1

Thanks for the spoilers, but im impatient and read them anyway, luckily didnt give anything away that I cared about(apart from possibly the hardy result) Im only really interested in seeing how wilks/pearson/nick OmNomNomPancakeWhatsHisFace get on, and the bisping fight.

the ultimate fighter season 10 is pretty crap. Roy Nelson has got to be the dullest most arrogant up his own arse twat ever, sure you won a few fights a few years ago, but now your just a fat bloke who should of hung up the gloves a long time ago. The judges are pretty much idiots (that fight should of gone to a 3rd round, or if a decision was to be given at that point, it surely should of been in wrens favour)

• Like 1

Yeah deffinatly should have gone the distance! I was kinda pissed off about that actually. One thing about Nelson that stuck out to me and made me think 'You arrogant wanker' Was when he Beat slice and then expected the guy to pour water in his mouth :lol: Ok so you won, that doesn't mean you get a f**king slave you fat fanny. I think Kimbos one of the worst on the team actually, put against just about anyone else i think nelson would have got his arse handed to him, like you said he's just a fat arrogant cunt that should have quit a long time aga, series is pretty dissapointing really, no one on either side really sticks out to me with potentiol to be 'big' in the heavweight division, theres much better fighters.

Edited by Adam-Griffin
  • Like 1

I loved every fight in UFC 105 but the Couture Vera fight was pretty boring.

Everyone I wanted to win won really.

I think Ross Peason looked amazing his combos and the way he changed it up was great. He looked so crisp and tight with his hands and his kicks and knees were pretty good too. You could see Riley totally lost heart when that cut opened up he knew it was over. I'd like to have seen him knock him out though.

Matt Brown looked great too. I really didn't want him to loose this fight. As much as I like Wilkes and thought he was great on the TUF 9 I wanted to see Brown get another win. I really like his style and his attitude.

Andre winners knock out was pretty impressive but the follow up was totally uncalled for you could tell he was out. I didn't like the way he did that one bit.

Bisping looked like he was going to get knocked out again but did really well on the ground and scraped his way out of the first round. The fight turned around when he decided to take it to ground and he demolished Kang with his ground and pound. I think if it stayed on the feet Kang might have walked away with a knock out. For someone who had never been knocked out before Bispings chin is now in question. I think a decent striker will pose huge problems for Bisping. I think we'll be seeing him getting knocked out again.

Speaking of Chins Dan Hardys impressed me. He took some good solid punches off Swick and didn't bat an eyelid. I love GSP but I think there could be an upset with Hardys Power if he can keep it on the feet. Saying that though it was a bit of a let down that he couldn't finish Swick off and he had plenty of chances to do it. I think GSP will defend his belt but its going to be a good test for him.

Talking of Brock Lesnar V Carwin that bout has been called off all together for now. Lesnar is still sick and isn't getting better. Dana White said he was very concerned about his health. I think we could see Carwin V Velasquez fighting for an intrem belt.

On the Subject of TUF I really didn't like Kimbo Slice at all until I saw him on TUF. I just thought he was a big bully that would beat up nobody's on the streets but it turns out he's a really decent person from what I've seen of him on TUF. I'd like to see him get a ground game and do well in the UFC but he'll never be up there with the big dogs.

I accidentally found out who is in the finale of TUF 10 on wiki so I'm a bit gutted about that.

My favourite cast member is Wes Sims he cracks me up every week. The fighters on this season have been pretty poor but the comedy has been top notch. Rampage has made me laugh too. I've never been a big fan of Evans until this season. He's really impressed me as a coach though and he took the chicken prank really well. I can't help but think him and Rampage could have been best friends if it wasn't for that showdown after the Jackson Jardine fight. Its mad they way they are joking with each other then things just get really serious all of a sudden.

Anyone know if the prelims for 105 are online anywhere?

Anyone know if the prelims for 105 are online anywhere?

Mmaforum should have it somewhere, there normally pretty shit hot (Y)

I also stumbled across it on wikipedia last night haha :( But gutted realllly.

I was under the impression that Lesnar-Carwin had been postponed until 108 on the 6th of January? That'd be an awesome fight, Lesnars pretty awesome but Carwin has a very impressive ground game, one of the best in ufc imo.

Carwin Vs Valasques would be quite interesting too though, think Carwin would win though personally where as i wouldn't like to pick either way for Lesnar-Carwin. Despite Brocks attitude and the way he comes across in recent fights i really like him haha :$ He's training is second to none and his fitness is unquestionable, i think if he improved his stand up and tweaked a few other aspects he could be, the Next big thing :lol: Deffinatly one of my favourite fighters however much i hate to admit it haha.

Can't argue with you that Hardys impressive and has potentiol to be big in the welterweight division but i just can't see him beating Gsp, having said that i'm a bit of a Gsp fan boy so my opinions probably pretty biased haha. I'm more than willing to be proved wrong. Either way though i think it should prove a very close fand entertaining fight, think it will either be stopped in round 1 or will go the distance for some reason too haha :lol:

Anyone have any predictions for Ortiz Vs Griffin? My moneys on Griffin in the 1st or 3rd round with some kind of submission. Ortiz is very good, or was very good but his recent fights have been pretty dissapointing in my opinion and i think Griffins on a roll recently, again i'm more than willing to be proved wrong but i just can't see it haha :)

Another link that might be useful for anyone interested: MMA Fights - MMA Video Links | UFC, Pride, Affliction, StrikeForce, Dream MMA Videos, and More

To me, this is the holw grail haha. Just about every Ufc/K1/Pride/Strike force etc fight video for most fighters is on there, It's the most viewed site in my bookmarks haha :P

I <3 Ufc/Mma...

• Like 1

I didn't watch this one but just wondering if there are any UFC fights that don't descend into rolling around on the floor after 30 seconds?

Yes, Lots. Cotoure vs Vera didn't go to the ground atall i don't think?

It all depends on the fighters styels really, some don't go to the ground atall, some spend %90 of the round on the ground. Some fighters prefer to stay on there feet and punch it out and some don't. Thats one of the things that differentiates it from Boxing/Kick boxing really, it's a mix of all sorts of disciplines and every fight/fighter is different.

Edited by Adam-Griffin
  • Like 1

Yes, Lots. Cotoure vs Vera didn't go to the ground atall i don't think?

It all depends on the fighters styels really, some don't go to the ground atall, some spend %90 of the round on the ground. Some fighters prefer to stay on there feet and punch it out and some don't. Thats one of the things that differentiates it from Boxing/Kick boxing really, it's a mix of all sorts of disciplines and every fight/fighter is different.

Yeah I knew there would be some, I suspect the heavy weight fighters do more on the feet.

Need to watch some matches on their feet before I judge the sport

Yeah I knew there would be some, I suspect the heavy weight fighters do more on the feet.

Again it all depends really on the fighters background and style, Brock lesnar for example comes from a wrestling back ground and prefers to fight on the ground, being 6ft"3 and 265lbs it's easier to control an opponent on the ground and his stand up striking isn't great but then Mirko cro cop for example has some frighteningly brutal head kicks and fists so when hes on the ground his game is flawed. The best fights tend to be a mix of ground fighting and stand up in my opinion. It think the heavyweight division is more divided in terms of styles than any other division because there can be a massive weight difference in fighters.

I believe this is a 'catchweight' fight As seths 204lbs which would be Light heavyweight, i think. But it just goes to show that size means jack shit.

Youtube Video -> Original Video

This is completely un-related to the above but i thought it was pretty amazing, i imagine some of you will have seen it already but still:

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
  • Like 1

You've got to understand the ground game to like it. I love watching people trying to pull off submissions and baiting people into them too. You've got to be pretty talented and intelligent to pull a lot of submissions off.

Ross Pearsons Fight didn't go to the ground by the way.

You've got to understand the ground game to like it. I love watching people trying to pull off submissions and baiting people into them too. You've got to be pretty talented and intelligent to pull a lot of submissions off.

Ross Pearsons Fight didn't go to the ground by the way.

Good point, forgot that one :lol:

Watching a submission artist in action can be almost awe inspiring, you sit there and just think 'How the f**k?' Sometimes haha.

Nogueras astounding to watch in action, as is Frank Mir i find. That arm bar against Tim Sylvia was just amazing...

... Until his arm snapped :lol: