Ufc

Adam-Griffin

UFC 111 - march 27th

GSP vs Dan 'the outlaw' Hardy

basically jizzin my pants over this one!

im quite worried though...........hardy is gonna swing like beast, gsp will just duck under and go for the takedown and get it (eventually) and then just dominate on top, ground and pound a victory :(

COME ON HARDY JUST LAND ONE!!!!

UFC 111 - march 27th

im quite worried though...........hardy is gonna swing like beast, gsp will just duck under and go for the takedown and get it (eventually) and then just dominate on top, ground and pound a victory :(

I'm a fan of Dan Hardy, but I personally doubt his chances against Gsp :( I'm not just jumping on the Gsp bandwagon, I just genuinely don't think hes got what it takes to win and if he does, it'll be as big, if not a bigger upset than his defeat to Matt Serra. Like i said, i Like Dan Hardy but i don't like his chances in this fight. I wouldn't be at all suprised if he wins the title in the future, i just don't think this is his time.

This is the most excited I've been for a Ufc card in ages, I'm especially looking forward to Carwin Vs Mir. It still baffles me how Mirs managed to get himself in the title picture, a win over a Staph infected Noguiera then a devastating defeat to lesnar followed by a Mediocre win over a low end competitor like cheik congo doesn't impress me; 11-0 with not one fight getting out of the 1st round however, does.

I also can't help but lol at the extra 23lbs hes put on, hes just simply doesn't have the frame for it where as guys like Lesnar, and carwin are genetically 'big' and carry it well. It's going to serve as a massive disadvantage to his cardio in my opinion. We'll see.

Carwin via KO/TKO rnd1 in my opinion.

Just hoping it pisses it down at the weekend so I don't have to work sunday and can Stay up with a few beers and watch it B)

Edited by Adam-Griffin

UFC 111 - march 27th

ive been saying it for a while, and ill say it again, i think gsp is a totally different league of fighter to hardy, i just dont see him having a chance.

haha, knew it would be you two who would reply to this thread

ye totally agree with both of you.

gsp is just awesome. But you just never know. The only way possibl ei see of hardy winning is a straight ko punch like serra. He is totally inferior in every other aspect. I still think Hardy has great potential to be near the top if not at the top if gsp decides to move up a weight category but until then i dont think gsp is getting touched!

i too am looking forward to mir vs carwin. Mir is a dickhead, but i just love the hype between him and lesnar. Carwin is just mental though! And id love to see him totally twa.t mir....but like i said, i cant help but wanna see mir vs lesnar again.

also looking forward to seeing ross pearson fight, and also semtex because he looks a good fighter, plus koscheck (sp?) is a total bumder.

haha, knew it would be you two who would reply to this thread

ye totally agree with both of you.

gsp is just awesome. But you just never know. The only way possibl ei see of hardy winning is a straight ko punch like serra. He is totally inferior in every other aspect. I still think Hardy has great potential to be near the top if not at the top if gsp decides to move up a weight category but until then i dont think gsp is getting touched!

i too am looking forward to mir vs carwin. Mir is a dickhead, but i just love the hype between him and lesnar. Carwin is just mental though! And id love to see him totally twa.t mir....but like i said, i cant help but wanna see mir vs lesnar again.

also looking forward to seeing ross pearson fight, and also semtex because he looks a good fighter, plus koscheck (sp?) is a total bumder.

I just can't see Hardy pulling it off, would be epic if he did though! I think they're both great fighters; Both #10 welterweights in my eyes.

I can't see Gsp moving up to middle weight any time soon, i've seen interviews where hes said until he feels as though hes accomplished all he can at Welterweight, hes not moving up. A lot of his friends are Middleweights too and hes said he doesn't ever want to fight a friend.

Lesnar vs Mir 3 is kinda hit and miss with me, I'd only be interested in seeing it to watch Mir get ktfo. Cause thats how it'd go, in my opinion.

Carwin vs lesnar however, Interests me greatly. Both brilliant wrestlers with dynamite hands, I wouldn't want to put money on either of them. Defiantly be a competitive bout.

Heavyweight divisions stacked, so whoever is champions probably gonna be defending pretty frequently.

Anyone else looking forward to Liddell Vs Ortiz after tuf? And Cotoure Vs Franklin?

I just can't see Hardy pulling it off, would be epic if he did though! I think they're both great fighters; Both #10 welterweights in my eyes.

I can't see Gsp moving up to middle weight any time soon, i've seen interviews where hes said until he feels as though hes accomplished all he can at Welterweight, hes not moving up. A lot of his friends are Middleweights too and hes said he doesn't ever want to fight a friend.

Lesnar vs Mir 3 is kinda hit and miss with me, I'd only be interested in seeing it to watch Mir get ktfo. Cause thats how it'd go, in my opinion.

Carwin vs lesnar however, Interests me greatly. Both brilliant wrestlers with dynamite hands, I wouldn't want to put money on either of them. Defiantly be a competitive bout.

Heavyweight divisions stacked, so whoever is champions probably gonna be defending pretty frequently.

Anyone else looking forward to Liddell Vs Ortiz after tuf? And Cotoure Vs Franklin?

i thought ortiz has flapped it?

im lookin forward to ramapge vs rashad....GO RAMPAGE!

i thought ortiz has flapped it?

im lookin forward to ramapge vs rashad....GO RAMPAGE!

That was initially reporter, but then Denied by Dana White and Tito. Apparently, Jenna had had a miscarriage and that was why he'd been spending so much time in and out of hospital.

Rampage vs Rashad is another I'm looking forward to actually, also another i wouldn't like to pick a winner for haha. I'd like Rampage to win, hes cool as f**k and Evans is a cocky shit.

See, The reason im not giving hardy a chance, is because I cant see one aspect of GSP's game, that is massively worse than hardys, maybe his all out striking power may not be there, but its not like he cant punch. but in every other department, GSP trounces dan hardy imo(wrestling, submissions, ground and pound), meaning I dont really see them standing and exchanging and dan hardy getting lucky, I really see GSP dictating the pace and the direction of the fight.

see its a pretty busy week for ufc, after we had ufc on versus at the weekend, weve got ufc 111 on saturday, then fight night next wednesday, and TUF starting.

Roy nelson vs stefan struve, anyone want to call it?

I cant help but think struve's enormous length will mean nelson wont get in close, and also if roy does get on top, struve will be too long for the 1 trick pony nelson to crucifix, which may prove to be interesting.

See, The reason im not giving hardy a chance, is because I cant see one aspect of GSP's game, that is massively worse than hardys, maybe his all out striking power may not be there, but its not like he cant punch. but in every other department, GSP trounces dan hardy imo(wrestling, submissions, ground and pound), meaning I dont really see them standing and exchanging and dan hardy getting lucky, I really see GSP dictating the pace and the direction of the fight.

see its a pretty busy week for ufc, after we had ufc on versus at the weekend, weve got ufc 111 on saturday, then fight night next wednesday, and TUF starting.

Roy nelson vs stefan struve, anyone want to call it?

I cant help but think struve's enormous length will mean nelson wont get in close, and also if roy does get on top, struve will be too long for the 1 trick pony nelson to crucifix, which may prove to be interesting.

Another I'm excited for haha, They've got the Fattest guy on the roster and the tallest guy and put in them in a fight, this should be good. I'd love to see Struve submit him in the first round. I don't think nelsons got the range for this fight, and we'll see him for the fat, washed up redneck he actually is.

i hate roy nelson, hes a good puncher and hes just fat, so he gets on top of u and its like trying to lift an elephant, it aint gonna happen.

he will be out of the ufc before we know, he will be shown up to be just totally wank.

anyone think james mcsweeney has a decent future?

also, anywhere i can watch the weigh in video for 111?

i hate roy nelson, hes a good puncher and hes just fat, so he gets on top of u and its like trying to lift an elephant, it aint gonna happen.

he will be out of the ufc before we know, he will be shown up to be just totally wank.

anyone think james mcsweeney has a decent future?

also, anywhere i can watch the weigh in video for 111?

I can't see him competing at the top level of the division, decentish I'd imagine though yeaaahh...

Weigh in's should be on here soon.

Looks like it's gonna rain all weekend=No work. f**k yeahhhhh.

I can't see him competing at the top level of the division, decentish I'd imagine though yeaaahh...

Weigh in's should be on here soon.

Looks like it's gonna rain all weekend=No work. f**k yeahhhhh.

what job you do?

im working tomo day and havin a poker night, then either stayin up to watch it online asap or sunday mornin. wish i had espn.

what timeish u think they will be fighting? both the belt fights

edit: read that hardy wore blood red cotact lenses too! even if he gets his ass whooped least hes a fun, entertaining guy! its good for the sport

Edited by arw_86

what job you do?

im working tomo day and havin a poker night, then either stayin up to watch it online asap or sunday mornin. wish i had espn.

what timeish u think they will be fighting? both the belt fights

I'm a 'park attendant' I basically stand around and get paid for it. But I have trouble getting up and staying awake so if i'm working Sunday, theirs no way I can go to bed at 6amish and be up, and ready for work at 9am haha!

I'd imagine the title fights will be at about 5ish going by recent ppv's, however it depends what time it starts ( I get confused between the time zones haha!) Think it starts at 2/3am on Espn?

remember we have the clocks going forwards tomorrow as well.

mc sweeneys already fought some pretty well known fighters before he was on tuf, which is obviously a huge coaching benefit/made him a better known fighter. hes had a loss to mostapha al turk, or however its pronounced, and hes fought knee popping neil grove too. thing is, i just dont think hes big enough for the heavyweights in the ufc(imagine him vs lesnar/carwin)

the question being, did he fight them 3 fights or so into his mma career cos he impressed so much in his early fights, or because he was touted as the next big thing, and it never worked.out

Edited by Fish-Finger-er

To be fair, Randy Cotoure made it in the Heavyweight division at 225lbs becoming champion on more than one occasion, but then again we all know Randy is actually god in disguise.

His records not all that impressive in my opinion, 4-4. Who knows, he might make it but the way the Heavyweight division is at the minute i can't see it happening for a while.

I wouldn't place him in the same class as I would Velasqueze, Carwin, Lesnar and Dos santos. They're just a different breed of competitor.

What division do we think is the most exciting at the moment? Also, Greatest Knockout artist in mma, past or present :shifty: ?

Edited by Adam-Griffin

Well...

Carwin via KO/TKO rnd1 in my opinion.

:rolleyes:

The look on Mirs face was just epic. Carwin, is a f**king animal.

I have nothing more to say on this ^^ (A)

Side note;

Massive new found respect for Dan Hardy for surviving some of them armbars, just wow. You could see the pain in his face. Gus got some serious balls. However, You'd have thought he'd be smart enough to avopid throwing leg kicks at someone like Gsp. It went down pretty much how i imagined it would, although I didn't expect it to go the distance...

Gsp has SICK take downs, I can't see whats left in the division for him, really.

Edited by Adam-Griffin

Tuf was better than i expected actually! Much better than season 10 already by the looks of it, seems to be a lot of talent there. Lol'd ad Chucks comments about tapping to strikes :lol: Also f**king lol'd at that nose, 'Dude your noses slassheddd' Soooo casual haha!

Fight night wasn't anything special really, Florian Vs Gomi was super boring until he submitted him. Was gutted that Struve got Ko'd but I still f**king hate Roy Nelson haha. I'd like him to get a title shot, purely so he could get a f**king beating. Hes no where near as good as any of the guys at the top of that division, I have a feeling Nelson Vs Mir maybe on the cards soon :shifty: I couldn't give less of a f**k who'd win that, i despise both of them.

Had to Dl tuf cause I was out, does anyone know when it's on/What channel >_<?

112 next saturday!

yea, the pearson fight is showing just how he may be able to make it, but its an extremely hard weight class, not to mention, his grappling is, but hes by far one of my favourite fighters of the moment, hes got potential, but isnt arrogant in the way dan hardy is(as in imo, hardy isnt that big of a deal)

roy nelson looked a lot better than he did in tuf, ive got tuf season 11 to watch yet, anyone got the fight night prelims, id be interested to see the andre winner fight too.

i just really like how pearson seems to adapt to each fighter, fights in what seems a very intelligent way, and also a good fighter to watch as he stands and bangs (thats why, i think GSP is boring to watch, no doubt dude is awesome! but its just boring to watch) but standers dont have much hope against wrestlers if they dont get their chance to stay standing....like gsp vs hardy.

i also like, like you said about pearson, how hes not a gobby shite, hes respectable and just takes his job seriously and gets on with it, without the need to try and trash talk his opponent. I can see him being one of only a handful of british fighters that will ever be liked by americans (not that anyone gives a shit)

one thing i wanna ask you lot....is it me or? the gobbier you are the more people talk about you, the more you will get bigger and better fights.....even if your not actually as good as some of the other fighters. i always think bisping and hardy will get bigger fights because hey create hype, talk and hate. Whereas pearson will have to 100% make sure his fighting shines through. I know theres people lke gsp, who arent dicks but their there because they are just awesome talents. I hope atleast one of you has a clue what im on about

andre winner fight

Edited by arw_86

i just really like how pearson seems to adapt to each fighter, fights in what seems a very intelligent way, and also a good fighter to watch as he stands and bangs (thats why, i think GSP is boring to watch, no doubt dude is awesome! but its just boring to watch) but standers dont have much hope against wrestlers if they dont get their chance to stay standing....like gsp vs hardy.

i also like, like you said about pearson, how hes not a gobby shite, hes respectable and just takes his job seriously and gets on with it, without the need to try and trash talk his opponent. I can see him being one of only a handful of british fighters that will ever be liked by americans (not that anyone gives a shit)

one thing i wanna ask you lot....is it me or? the gobbier you are the more people talk about you, the more you will get bigger and better fights.....even if your not actually as good as some of the other fighters. i always think bisping and hardy will get bigger fights because hey create hype, talk and hate. Whereas pearson will have to 100% make sure his fighting shines through. I know theres people lke gsp, who arent dicks but their there because they are just awesome talents. I hope atleast one of you has a clue what im on about

andre winner fight

I know what you're saying but if you think Dennis Siver isn't a big fighter then you need to go back and look as his last couple of spinning back kick wins. He's been on a bit of a tear through people and Pearson made him look pretty ineffective. I think Ross Pearson will get a pretty big name in his next fight and I can't wait to see him.

Also a Pearson fan :wub: Would definitely like to see more of him though. I see what you're saying about people with hype surrounding them going places quicker than the less in your face fighters, it sucks but thats just the way it goes (N)

I was doing some research into how much certain fighters actually get paid and it's pretty interested, some get $400,000+ per fight (IE Chuck Lidell, Randy Cotoure, Brock Lesnar, Mirko Cro Cop etc etc etc...) Where as others get like, $8,000 or sometimes even less haha :S Unfortunatly, Kimbos got a hefty price tag on him :( I'd pay not to see him fight.

Edit: Maybe satisfiying for any fellow Nelson haters :shifty:..http://mmavideolinks.to/fighter-videos/98/3109-andrei-arlovski-vs-roy-nelson.html

Edited by Adam-Griffin