Trials Gap Jump Theory

MadNick1.2

Hi All,

This is something which has been bugging me.

If i can jump a gap without my bike then surely i should be able to jump the gap with my bike.

Has anyone ever approached gap jumping in this way and is their any clips anywhere of people doing both with and without a bike.

Anything would be cool...

well when you jump as far as you can on your feet you look to where your gonna land around, if you gap on your bike your gonna look where abouts you know you'll land, maybe being able to jump further this may help gapping on a bike as the look and landing shizz is kinda the same part from your on a bike like the method of springing to jump could improve your gappin aswell as looking at something and thinking it's do-able?

I think u cant really compare jumping with physical body and gapping with a bike. Its almost totally different as gapping on bike requires more pulling an technique combination than just pure action reaction force when u are jumping physically on the ground..

this is an interesting theory. But I think people are missing out a few things in their answers. Firstly no one has mentioned bike weight or geometry, which to me is a crucial thing. Also are you maximising your leg muscle power through jumping or turning the cranks? etc etc.

Id post my thoughts but im too tired. I think I can gap further than jump

I've always thought of something like that, imagine that your front wheel is yours hands, and rear wheel is your feet.

Going by that, I'm much more confident and comfortable on my bike, but things like side to rear I'd do much bigger than if I did it without my bike static without using my hands.