Stan's Orange Sky

AdamR28

Lush but seriously how many bikes he go through a year?

Bearing in mind he's a sponsored rider, it makes sense for his sponsors for him to be riding the newest frames they make. As a result, even though Stan's last frame is still fine and totally rideable, he's been sorted out with the Orange Sky frame.

Adam says that in the last 2 years, Stan's only had about 4 frames or so. His Hydroxx from last summer, and 2 Ozonys that lasted over a year between them.

Very nice indeed! Brake mount looks quite stiff. What size rotor is on that magnesium Marta? 180 or 200? That rotor in 200mm is still lighter than hope 180mm one + marta is light too! I have 160mm hope with 180mm rotor, but still have 09 model Marta in 180 that I used for 2 month and wasn't too happy, is it worth swapping Marta on 200mm over hope 180? It will obviously give more power, but more than a hope in smaller size?

Edited by 3dd

Very nice indeed! Brake mount looks quite stiff. What size rotor is on that magnesium Marta? 180 or 200? That rotor in 200mm is still lighter than hope 180mm one + marta is light too! I have 160mm hope with 180mm rotor, but still have 09 model Marta in 180 that I used for 2 month and wasn't too happy, is it worth swapping Marta on 200mm over hope 180? It will obviously give more power, but more than a hope in smaller size?

My Marta has a 203mm Aztec Wave rotor with it and I'm super impressed by this setup. I've used Hopes for years, but this was an experiment and I'm really happy with the pimp Marta/203 setup. Still nice and light, but the power is immense. I would say its more powerful than 180mm Hope, for sure. Its mostly down the rotor size though. I'd had this Marta for a while now too and its been spot on.

As for the Sky, i'm really liking it. Still need to ride a bit more to get used to it and I still have a couple of things to fit/do to it.

Rear tyre = pure win!

Edited by Stan Shaw