Onza Limey 24"?

Joe@Onza

Insted of making a 24inch as theres so many now, why not look back and make an oldskool 26inch, around 1030 too 1040 wheelbase.

Mite get more interest as there ant many about, only one ive seen that looks quite gd is the new rockman frame which looks like the old planet-x.

more versetile, lost of fun!!!

Not really bothered about an Inspired 26"- I'm quite happy with my 24"! But why not do both? Trialsy 24" AND a streety 26".

I asked joe that awhile ago, do a 24, 26inch street bikes both the same so people hav a choice.

24inch trialsy bike wud be great, I watched a vid of damon watson yesterday and it seemed rite http://www.vimeo.com/6073050

Edited by John Shrewsbury

if anyone has a dual disc stock out there, and if you can why not swap out the 26" wheels for some 24s and see what it rides like? Just a wee experiment! I quite like the idea of of a comp and street 24" bike one of each so i could ride comp style (well try!) and then when the mood takes i can go out and blast around like Mr Macaskill!

I would like to see a Limey 24".

The limey frame looks f**king good, so that's the frame's looks already sorted.

One point people don't seem to have considered... if you price it right, then for new starters who can't make their mind up between mod and stock, there's a middle ground from which they can decide, 'oh, i want it to be easier to throw around' or 'I want a bike that's better for rolling up stuff'.

I for one like 24", because I hate the way mods have to have rediculous stems to make them rideable. This results in this horrible sensation when you turn the bars. Now, I like stocks, and a couple of times I've thought about making the switch up to 26", but whenever I ride a stock, it feels slow and difficult to move around in comparison. With a 24", you lose very little ability to roll around but the whole bike is much more responsive. In short, a 24" trials bike would feel like a stock but without the sensation of lugging a whole tree around with you.

Onza, you said it yourselves that you produced the zoot frame and now they're all out of stock. This shows that there must be a demand for that kind of bike.

post-22759-1261523609_thumb.jpg

What ever happened to this onza 24"

It's the Zoot street and is in the 2010 lineup in a modified state.

Onza, you said it yourselves that you produced the zoot frame and now they're all out of stock. This shows that there must be a demand for that kind of bike.

But don't bother with the bolt-on seat option like the Zoot.

Soooo when will pictures of the new zoot be released? Im keen to see what she'll loook like!

In relation to the limey 324 i honestly think a long and short wheelbase frame would be your best bet as you could potentially get twice the market those who want a short, high frame and those who want a lower, longer frame.

(From the other thread, before it was closed)

I thought this was just a rebadged Inspired when I first looked at it (after I let my eyes readjust for the dazzle caused by Scott's chest) but on closer inspection it has a rear disc mount... Zoot street I'm assuming? A swoopy Limey 24" trials bike would be sweet to see too though.

Oi! Im a fine example of a man I'll have you know! and im less illuminous now anyway :P

Joe, wheres my 24", i dont care what colour it is or anything, just get me one now now now now!!!!!!!!

I feel there is a demand for it, and it's very large at the moment as there isn't a non-street 24" frame to date. Although, if you guys are just starting to think about designing one, by the time it gets round to being available to the public you'll probably be competing with a handful of models by then. But Onza usually hard to compete with with regards to value so it would well be worth looking into.

I feel the only reason a 24" non-street frame / bike hasn't been designed till now is because there just hasn't been the components that would suit it, however now that echo have come out with all sorts of 24" forks and rims, there's nothing stopping people.

In terms of the frame, we have several prototypes currently under wraps and it would be very quick and easy to pick one of them and modify its geometry to suit. Also in components, it is only the forks and rims which are different and we have the Reggie and Ronnie 24's already plus the Araya Star 24" disc rims and we have the Zoot fork so again, quick and easy.

The biggest problem I can see here is that this thread has thrown up a whole series of wants and requirements and you could end up with a dozen new models to suit everybody. Its like designing by committee. Like someone else said you are getting a Jack of All Trades but Master of None but isn't that what we are looking for?

we have the Zoot fork

Has the design changed at all since the initial forks? There seemed to be a trend of them cracking at the rim brake mounts from what I gather (and my own experience with some second hand ones).

you are getting a Jack of All Trades but Master of None but isn't that what we are looking for?

I think so... with less people doing comps it leaves everyone just riding for fun on the street. A 24" trials rig wouldn't be a super light comp 26" bike and wouldn't be a crazy looking hoppy 20" bike but would be the perfect 'having fun riding trials' bike. Now I do that on my Inspired anyway (never really got into the more BMXey type riding) but I can still see a market for a 24" trials bike and the Limey's are pretty...

dave has a point. Not everyone wants a street 24. but they dont want a stock or mod either i know it sounds picky but if people want it, why not be the 1st ones to do it and have the whole market to yourselves! So far the concensus has been

1050-1060 wheelbase

+40-50 BB

380mm chainstays

72 head angle

Thats what most riders have asked for and also a rear disc mount as alot of riders want dual disc these days.

We both have bills to pay, the difference between us is that you are a profit making business and we're not, so please do your bit to keep us going and get in contact _again_ about sponsoring TF - in return we'll display your banner and you can use our member base for research.

Please don't make any more topics advertising your goods, or gathering free market research until you've done so.

(If any members think this is unfair, please remember TF is expensive to run and that it is banners that keep this place going, and also remember we've never asked you for anything - only money making companies).