Crank Brothers Cobalt Headset

Peter Wright

Been looking as there 65g and nice low stack @ 21mm. However the bearing count is varying and low perhaps. Whats peoples opion on them (only if you know your stuff)

Tempted as there cheap and looks nice, clean and simple as well as being light

link?

got better things to do than search google for the likes of pete wright :P

Shame you just jumping on the band wagon as to being there for any of it! Kids huh! Shows how thick and unable you are to operate a PC or basic search engine

Hardly cheap...I'd go for a tensile Ace or an Echo SL meself :)

LOL it is cheap! Less than a King from CRC for the SL, £35 trade for the SL (well what my listing says) and eBay has ther Colabt C for £42.50 delivered in black! Lighter by least 3/4's of an SL, looks nicer less gash and some hippies aray of color

Shame you just jumping on the band wagon as to being there for any of it! Kids huh! Shows how thick and unable you are to operate a PC or basic search engine

ive been on this forum since 2006 (under different profiles) so ive seen my fair share of your bull shit and scams!

Grow up and f**k off :) tada

Edit: Took comma dent make sense with it in.

Edited by TOBY-E

Yup just fitted the opium c, looking forward to see how it copes, i would avoid the cobalt its an xc/race less bearings (wont cope with the stress that get put throught the 28 balls, i went for the opium cos 34 balls and ment for dh sohope it will last. Plus its 1 gram of a difference and afive year warrenty cant complain at that

Yup just fitted the opium c, looking forward to see how it copes, i would avoid the cobalt its an xc/race less bearings (wont cope with the stress that get put throught the 28 balls, i went for the opium cos 34 balls and ment for dh sohope it will last. Plus its 1 gram of a difference and afive year warrenty cant complain at that

My pig is currently running 5 ball bearings in the bottom race haha works beautifully. tops fully loaded though so alls good.

I wouldnt spend ridiculous money on a headset. all ive ever bought are Pigs, except for the FSA Orbit i put in my 4x bike but i never really noticed the difference to be honest. As for wieght just man up, its not a huge amount. I'm sure there are people with much heavier bikes than yours that will be able to dick you in comps.

My pig is currently running 5 ball bearings in the bottom race haha works beautifully. tops fully loaded though so alls good.

I wouldnt spend ridiculous money on a headset. all ive ever bought are Pigs, except for the FSA Orbit i put in my 4x bike but i never really noticed the difference to be honest. As for wieght just man up, its not a huge amount. I'm sure there are people with much heavier bikes than yours that will be able to dick you in comps.

its not an expensive headset!! i went for it because of the low stack height and its something different

as i was trying to explain each different model is designed for a specific style of cycling, cobalt is xc opium is dh, there is no point going for the cobalt unless the colours match

A headset is a headset the differ in weight and pefrormance and price depends what you want, Id allways spend a good amount on a headset because of the warrenties and minimal maintenance

id go thro a fair few pigs before a king would give up

its not an expensive headset!! i went for it because of the low stack height and its something different

as i was trying to explain each different model is designed for a specific style of cycling, cobalt is xc opium is dh, there is no point going for the cobalt unless the colours match

A headset is a headset the differ in weight and pefrormance and price depends what you want, Id allways spend a good amount on a headset because of the warrenties and minimal maintenance

id go thro a fair few pigs before a king would give up

I wasn't on about that particular headset, i was just on about them in general.

I dont think i've ever broken a pig, or know anyone who has for that matter. All ive had to do is replace bearing which cost a couple of quid at most. and the headset itself costs just £15. so you'd have to go through quite a few to make it worth buying a king.

I wasn't on about that particular headset, i was just on about them in general.

I dont think i've ever broken a pig, or know anyone who has for that matter. All ive had to do is replace bearing which cost a couple of quid at most. and the headset itself costs just £15. so you'd have to go through quite a few to make it worth buying a king.

The King requires less maintenance, is lighter, and comes with a sensible warranty.

But like Chris said, they all have their Pros.

I've got one on my bike. I can't remember which one it is, but it has the red ring. All of them have different color rings. I think it's the SL. It's held up fine on my inspired the past year, is super light and it's sealed off REALLY well. The rubber o rings fit SUPER tight together. A good buddy of mine who DJs and and rides street has one on his BMX. Guy goes gnarly big like 10 stair 360s. He destroys parts, and it's one of the only things on his bike that still works.

I had one on my racing bmx, it was pretty good, did its job and was light. The bad thing was when I came to remove it, I used a proper tool, but the bearing just shit themselves and the races all fell out leaving bearings all over the floor.

Had a king too.....never again

Pigs weigh about as much as a real pig

Echo sl gets my vote