I'M In Hospital

Dan S

Hello everyone. I don't know if anyone realy cares here,

but I got in hospital on the 21st of februarry, being very close to death.

I got peritonites, which got pretty bad in 2 days, during which I didn't go in hospital.

It got this bad only because a private and a very expensive hospital told me that I am OK, whilst a free government hospital was lucky to save me from death.

Probably when I get out, I might write a full story.

your support would be great.

Cheers,

Dan.

I had the same thing when i was 13, only i got left for 7 days with it after my appendix had burst. Hospital refused to operate under the pretense that apparently i was doing it ''to get out of school''. Got f**ked up bad, had to transfer hospitals because i got lots of complications.

Long story short.....my mum tried to sue the hospital for misconduct and all it did was cost her a lot of money and nothing came of it, as its at the doctors discretion as to how they treat you. I was in hospital over 4 weeks and had problems for many months after.

A girl came in with a very similar case not long after i was discharged - she died after 2 days. Looks like you another one of the lucky ones. Get well soon.

Josh had peritonitis whilst we were in buthiers a few years ago. As the french hospital was fooking useless, I drove him back to the UK where he too nearly died :( Was scary shit...

Hes all well and good though now :)

Its a really nasty condition, you're just being internally poisoned and its down to the individual as to how long they can survive before it gets the better of them. I've heard of people last 1-2 days, i was treated after 7 days so i don't know how long i had, but i'm pretty happy with 7.

Maybe we should have a Trials-Forum....''I've had peritonitis and didn't days after....days competition?''

well, I was lucky not to waste my health buy alcohol and smoking, that's why I lasted 2 days longer....

It's a really terrible feeling....every move brings you pain, and it is uncomfortabe even when you sit or lie.....you just can't do anything to let the pain away...

And by the way, I could not have a poo for 1 week during my desease which is also a bit disturbing...as I ate a lot just the day before the desease struck.

And by the way, I could not have a poo for 1 week during my desease which is also a bit disturbing...as I ate a lot just the day before the desease struck.

I went away skiing with an organisation on the friday 24 hours coach journey then three days into skiing (5 days, 24 hours journey, day of rest then skiiing) i need'd a shit.. f**k going in my apartment when in the other peoples apartment.. Jeese it stunk :D

Get better mate much love (: xx

I don't know how it works where you live, but in the UK nothing came of trying to sue. Its there decision how to treat, and you didn't die so what compensation will you get/warrant? Also you can't sue for getting the illness, so its a huge grey area.

Just giving you my perspective as someone who's been there before.

its a tough area, doctors see/treat thousands of people every day and 99% of the time they are spot on with their job. And unfortunately sometimes once in a rare while they misdiagnose (which i think can be easy because so many of the same sypmtoms appear in the different illness' and theres just so many things that can go wrong with us that pinpointing is well hard) they dont mean to at all but sometimes they do! Their human and we all make mistakes. Yes you could argue that they shouldnt make mistakes because of whats on the line but its always going to happen on rare occasions when a human is involved.

i feel really bad for you mate and im finally glad your getting better, but getting the doctors sacked will probably hurt more people than it will help.

im sure the doctor/s who misdiagnosed you are totally gutted as what has happened. Im sure thats no consolation to you, and im postitive id have the same feelings as you at first, but give it a bit of time and see how you feel then. If anything make sure the people who messed up know what happened and im sure it will make them better doctors.

thats my opinion anyway, just glad your ok.

p.s- i havent had time to read your whole post, so if somewhere you mentioned they did blood tests etc and still messed it up then theres blame there!!