Because 24".

So finally got around to building this.. Couple of things needed to finish it off, still waiting on my front tyre from crc and i need to get a shadow chain this week as i have a naughty half link on that i had lying around which i cannot trust in the slightest after snapping a few..

Dying to test it out tomorrow with a fresh grind but from the five mins i have had on it it just feels right, just gonna have to be careful with the chain i am running so can't test it properley till i sort that out.. Comments welcome ;)

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

Edited by Jake-Ansell

Good lad! How's the rear tyre? I might get one of those.

Also, stealth.

Cant comment on what the tyre rides like yet but it does feel quite a hard rubber.. My mate had to order it from ison distribution as we couldnt find one for sale and this was the only one they had.. Its the triple compound one which i think is the wrong type as there is gooey gluey compound which is the softer one i think,....

Edited by Jake-Ansell

:wub: oh my god that looks even better than the first one that was on here! I WANT ONE EEVENN MOREEEE! It looks fantastic!! :wub:

lol i was wondered when you would reply on this topic still cant believe your getting away with selling your t-pro for £250!!!!!!! lol poor kenny when i blows up after a week (£200 from your've been framed :D

Looks good. I am getting one myself soon. What is the front tire? Is that soft/hard? Do you know any soft ones, except 2.7 maxxis :D

I am still waiting for my tyre from chain reaction a schwalbe smart sam up front... the big betty does seem quite grippy but it doesnt like off camber rocks much. might give the 2.7 maxxis a try soon.

I am still waiting for my tyre from chain reaction a schwalbe smart sam up front... the big betty does seem quite grippy but it doesnt like off camber rocks much. might give the 2.7 maxxis a try soon.

I have done some research about them. Smart sam looks ok and is prety light too, but is a bit hard, continentals do 24 explorer for about £10 but doubt it grips well as it's their old crappy compound, not the chilly one. The actual maxxis website says they do 24x2.5 but there isn't anything like that, only 2.7. Chainreactions do 60a compounds for £20 or same as tarty £30 for 42a (soft).

I also bumped into nevegal that I was using on my 26 before and was incredibly grippy and has a nice trialsy patern to it with thick sidewalls, although there isn't a folding one for 24, just a wire one that is about 1300grams same as maxxis but in 2.5, costs £25 but lasts a lot longer than maxxis, maybe x2 or x3 longer! Maybe jsut need to cut some blocks of and should be just fine to get about 1kg tyre

Linky

I have done some research about them. Smart sam looks ok and is prety light too, but is a bit hard, continentals do 24 explorer for about £10 but doubt it grips well as it's their old crappy compound, not the chilly one. The actual maxxis website says they do 24x2.5 but there isn't anything like that, only 2.7. Chainreactions do 60a compounds for £20 or same as tarty £30 for 42a (soft).

I also bumped into nevegal that I was using on my 26 before and was incredibly grippy and has a nice trialsy patern to it with thick sidewalls, although there isn't a folding one for 24, just a wire one that is about 1300grams same as maxxis but in 2.5, costs £25 but lasts a lot longer than maxxis, maybe x2 or x3 longer! Maybe jsut need to cut some blocks of and should be just fine to get about 1kg tyre

Linky

I have looked at all the options myself and I think the schwalbes are the best bet.. I think the rear maxxis will be better but it's hugggge and does weigh a lot more than the betty.. See how I get on with it otherwise I will be getting the softer maxxis but will have to compromise with the weight..

Edited by Jake-Ansell

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a bump but i just need help with chain tension.. After snapping another halflink today a shadow one which are meant to be the strongest of the lot how can i get the right tension without using a death half link? I dont really want to run a normal chain with one half link either because they are death..

With one half-link on it you can check it a lot better, and the rest of your chain being higher quality should help keep it together. Side to side, half-link chains seem to have a load of flex and movement whereas if the half-link in your chain's kept together it should hold up fine.

But yeah, that's what I was trying to tell you about half-link chains before :P

EDIT: Could always try a spoke tensioner to take up a bit of slack if you put in a full link extra, or file your dropouts to allow your wheel to move forwards slightly to make your chain fit without the half-link in?

Looks good! It shouldn't have taken this long for TGSy 24" frames to come out.

I would like to try a 24inch out some time. The only slight nag is the seeming lack of decent tyres for 24". I'm totally against DMR Moto tyres for one, and not too sure about the Holy Roller 24x2.4 for trials. Didn't Maxxis do a 24x2.5 Swampthing? That would be perfect for me. Now it seems only a 24x2.7 High Roller is offered, did the 24x2.5 Swamps and High Rollers get discontinued or something?

not too sure about the Holy Roller 24x2.4 for trials.

Mark, Stan and Danny Mac use the Holy Rollers for trials and all seem to like them. Stan and Mark ride quite a lot of natural with them on and don't seem to have any problems. They're good tyres for the money!

I think the 24x2._ High Rollers are still in production, just in short supply.