I've Bought A Mod!

isitafox

I've just bought a 07 Python frame off Franksx2005 to be built up as a 2nd bike, don't know wether its short or long but not really arsed as its only for messing around on really.

The thing is I know NOTHING about mods whatsoever so I may be looking for some advice, got a basic idea of how I'm gonna build it up an what colour scheme I'm aiming for but still have a few questions!

I take it these frames take a 19" rear wheel?

Do they have or can they accomodate a bashplate?

What form of chain tensioning do they use?

Only asking now as I can't wait for it to arrive this week cause I'm so excited, only ever had a 5 minute go on a mod an that was a megamo in about 1997!

1 final thing, I've done a search for this but can't find what I'm after, has anyone got a copy of the sticker sets stored on their computer so I can get a mate to knock me some up to go with the colour scheme??

Thanks in advance peeps!

Yes they take a 19" rim on the back.

Yes, they take one the same style as koxx/echo (NOT Monty/Neon)

They use snail cams, but can be run with tugs too (Horizontal drop outs)

Hope that helped buddy, and welcome to the darkside!! lol :D

I've just bought a 07 Python frame off Franksx2005 to be built up as a 2nd bike, don't know wether its short or long but not really arsed as its only for messing around on really.

The thing is I know NOTHING about mods whatsoever so I may be looking for some advice, got a basic idea of how I'm gonna build it up an what colour scheme I'm aiming for but still have a few questions!

Only asking now as I can't wait for it to arrive this week cause I'm so excited, only ever had a 5 minute go on a mod an that was a megamo in about 1997!

1 final thing, I've done a search for this but can't find what I'm after, has anyone got a copy of the sticker sets stored on their computer so I can get a mate to knock me some up to go with the colour scheme??

Thanks in advance peeps!

Very nice

Yes they take a 19" rear wheel, very bouncy tyres!!

they can have bashplates but ive heard they crack your frame, so better of with a bashring

they can preferably use snail cams or chain tugs, but you can still use sprung and fixed tensioners on it too!

What colour? if your keeping it green and silver, get some green rims

Hope you have fun when you get it and keep us updated :)

Edited by modifiedridah2k9

Very nice

Yes they take a 19" rear wheel, very bouncy tyres!!

they can have bashplates but ive heard they crack your frame, so better of with a bashring :huh:

they can preferably use snail cams or chain tugs, but you can still use sprung and fixed tensioners on it too! not without modding. Not worth it really...

What colour? if your keeping it green and silver, get some green rims green and silver is boringgggggggg (N)

Hope you have fun when you get it and keep us updated :)

Prob go with snail cams and a bashring then, got a custom one coming from alex dark so may stick that on.

As for the colour scheme thats why I'm after the sticker design as I'm hoping to get them printed out in either blue or red instead of green and get matching rims, reservoir cover, etc..

Can't wait to get it built up, was planning on doing it on a budget but that always goes out the window, credit card will have melted by the time I'm finished!

Lol i said i have heard the bashplates do that, never actualy happened to me.

Green and silver aint boring on a zoo it looks soooo nice

Prob go with snail cams and a bashring then, got a custom one coming from alex dark so may stick that on.

As for the colour scheme thats why I'm after the sticker design as I'm hoping to get them printed out in either blue or red instead of green and get matching rims, reservoir cover, etc..

Can't wait to get it built up, was planning on doing it on a budget but that always goes out the window, credit card will have melted by the time I'm finished!

Lol, if you have the money, Make a very good bike, if people say this bikes too good for you, you should have got a begginers bike, your not gonna be a begginer for long!

Will you put up some pics when you get it and build it?

Will you put up some pics when you get it and build it?

Oh yes, still waiting for my Zenith to come back from the welders as well so I can get that in for powder coating an get some pics up.

Will be having our 2nd kid in November so gotta get all this done before he/she comes along and money becomes tight!

No offense like but modifiedridah2k9, you are really annoying.

Personally id have: (using his post)

Very nice

Yes they take a 19" rear wheel, very bouncy tyres!! (same as a stock then, and i guess that youve never used lunas)

they can have bashplates but ive heard they crack your frame, so better of with a bashring (this is true)  

they can preferably use snail cams or chain tugs, but you can still use sprung and fixed tensioners on it too! (just use cams, end of that queston, id only use a sprung or fixed if my frame allowed it aka. atomz)

What colour? if your keeping it green and silver, get some green rims (thats terrible, id say get the frame a different colour than silver, then its unique, look at that green echo a while back, BUFF!)  

Hope you have fun when you get it and keep us updated (im sure he will :D)

You can always build up on budget, but i can see where your coming from with the credit card melting haha. (N)

Megamo owns, if you want a oldschool stem, i have a megamo one im my garage, i can do for like £5. Id say use flat bars or low rise.

Franks chucked in a set of Zoo low rise bars with it that he was trying to sell so guess they'll be going on, got 2 pairs now!

Did consider getting the frame painted to cover the scratches on it but not 100% yet what to do, will have to wait and see what kind of condition its in up close.

Cheers for all the input guys!

No offense like but modifiedridah2k9, you are really annoying.(Eh no im not :) )

Personally id have: (using his post)

Very nice

Yes they take a 19" rear wheel, very bouncy tyres!! (same as a stock then, and i guess that youve never used lunas)

they can have bashplates but ive heard they crack your frame, so better of with a bashring (this is true)  

they can preferably use snail cams or chain tugs, but you can still use sprung and fixed tensioners on it too! (just use cams, end of that queston, id only use a sprung or fixed if my frame allowed it aka. atomz)

What colour? if your keeping it green and silver, get some green rims (thats terrible, id say get the frame a different colour than silver, then its unique, look at that green echo a while back, BUFF!)  

Hope you have fun when you get it and keep us updated (im sure he will :D) IM JUST SAYING

You can always build up on budget, but i can see where your coming from with the credit card melting haha. (N)

Megamo owns, if you want a oldschool stem, i have a megamo one im my garage, i can do for like £5. Id say use flat bars or low rise.

How am i annoying? im telling him its great that he got a mod, isnt this what your meant to do on a forum? comment on stuff, ask about stuff? i have nothing else to do because my bikes broken

How am i annoying? im telling him its great that he got a mod, isnt this what your meant to do on a forum? comment on stuff, ask about stuff? i have nothing else to do because my bikes broken

mate you chat shit :giggle:

isitafox, i do have the zoo logo off the python saved on my computer at home, i did actually have the python logo on my old computer but thats dead now, would you like me to PM you the zoo logo?

mate you chat shit giggle.gif

isitafox, i do have the zoo logo off the python saved on my computer at home, i did actually have the python logo on my old computer but thats dead now, would you like me to PM you the zoo logo?

Yeah that would be great cheers matey!

Think I'm gonna get them redone in red instead of green an get some red components to match up!

YES!!! She's arrived in super fast time, was sent yesterday on a 48 hour service!

Reckon I may get the frame sprayed white, gonna take it to wqrk tomorrow and get all the glue off the stickers removed and see what it looks like then. Was well excited when I picked it up from the post office, just went wild and ripped it open there and then!

Just a big kid at heart me!:P

Full size ZOO! stickers in blue!

Shame it says pitbull though. sad.gif

Alex.

Thats perfect cheers mate, can get it edited in gimp no problems!

Gonna change the pitbull to say diddyb anyway, just needed something in high res to work from!

Now I've cleaned all the sticker residue an stuff off with a bit of brake cleaner it looks pretty good.

Gonna be put on the back burner till July's payday now though as I get my bonus then so will be able to splash out on most of the kit I need, may get it coated as I've got loads of time now.

Absolutely love it though, just gotta justify with the wife why it's ok for me to splash out on all these new bike frames an parts when I've told her we can't afford to buy her any new clothes whistling.gif

Now I've cleaned all the sticker residue an stuff off with a bit of brake cleaner it looks pretty good.

Gonna be put on the back burner till July's payday now though as I get my bonus then so will be able to splash out on most of the kit I need, may get it coated as I've got loads of time now.

Absolutely love it though, just gotta justify with the wife why it's ok for me to splash out on all these new bike frames an parts when I've told her we can't afford to buy her any new clothes whistling.gif

That sounds like my situation at home lol.

Any pics?

oh by the way im sure the wheel base is something like 1028

Edited by Franksx2005

That sounds like my situation at home lol.

Any pics?

oh by the way im sure the wheel base is something like 1028

Aye here's a couple, bit poor quality as I've had to take them with my iphone which is pap!

post-24247-127487384374_thumb.jpg

post-24247-127487383778_thumb.jpg

Id say use flat bars or low rise.

The only thing worse than low rise risers are flat bars :P

To isitafox - you should be able to get that bike up and running relatively cheaply. There's quite a few bits towards the cheaper end of the spectrum you can get for it that are still really good parts, they just don't cost a bomb :)

The only thing worse than low rise risers are flat bars tongue.gif

To isitafox - you should be able to get that bike up and running relatively cheaply. There's quite a few bits towards the cheaper end of the spectrum you can get for it that are still really good parts, they just don't cost a bomb smile.gif

The only thing a reckon's gonna sting me is the wheels, I know I could get some 2nd hand but would rather go for some brand new. Priced some up the other day on tarty website and I think they came to £175 + postage.

Got forks, bars and freewheel sorted, just gotta get the rest but will be looking for front disc, cranks, stem and maybe rear maggie 2nd hand to keep costs down.

The only thing a reckon's gonna sting me is the wheels, I know I could get some 2nd hand but would rather go for some brand new. Priced some up the other day on tarty website and I think they came to £175 + postage.

Got forks, bars and freewheel sorted, just gotta get the rest but will be looking for front disc, cranks, stem and maybe rear maggie 2nd hand to keep costs down.

i got front disk and maybe rear maggie cheap