Rockman = Fail

gu trials

i cracked my rockman maladie 3 weeks ago, took it back to tarty and they sent rockman the pictures of it, i emailed rockman 3 days ago to see if they have received the pictures and to see if i am able to get a new frame as it is in warenty still. but i havnt had a reply from tarty or rockman.

since the tuesday i took it to tarty i have phoned them twice and i got the same answer, (they will phone me when they hear something). i dont know what to do next.

We hadn't heard anything until this morning, but the frame needs to go back to Singapore for inspection. Here is the tracking info: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=798699748048&cntry_code=ug&clienttype=ivother&

I'll cross you off the list of 'people to call this afternoon' :)

that happend to me but with a pair of forks and it took 3 weeks and they kept saying they would ring me then it just suddenly came through the post and they didn't ring me

Which forks were they? It's possible you did get a call but weren't around to take it. Let me know and I'll check for you (Y)

Edit: Was it White, Neon Disc Only 20" forks? If so, we spoke extensively with your dad about those.

since the tuesday i took it to tarty i have phoned them twice and i got the same answer, (they will phone me when they hear something).

I overheard Stan talking to you on the phone about it, and he informed you it takes about 2-3 weeks for most warranties we've gone through with Rockman in the past. It's been 3 weeks now, but we've had to send your frame back to Singapore - which it's on the way to now. That's obviously going to add time to that. We've tried to keep you informed as much as we possibly can, but there's not really much we can say if we haven't been told anything by Rockman...

It's been 3 weeks now, but we've had to send your frame back to Singapore - which it's on the way to now.

I think the frame came in on 11th May.

PS: I'm not sure this thread will improve your chances of the frame being warrantied!

K-124 regularly (not that I mean the parts break 'regularly', but just that of the parts that break, they usually want them in France...) want components that break back, and SKF often want BBs back to Germany to check if they break. Some manufacturers like to study things to see how they've broken first hand, and obviously to check the condition of frames/parts.

As far as I know, I think we've paid for the shipping to Singapore. The customer usually has to pay to cover shipping to us, then it's up to us, I think. I'm sure Adam will probably correct me on that though...

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know, I think we've paid for the shipping to Singapore. The customer usually has to pay to cover shipping to us, then it's up to us.

Yeah (Y) £74 in this case.

I think your note went back with the frame Andy so I haven't got your phone number to hand, but we've had a reply about the warranty now. I'll dig it out and someone will give you a shout asap.