Plumber Required, Kitchen Tap Is Being Lame

Mr Motivator

I just spoke to my dad. Ex plumber/builder/handy man etc.

He confirmed what i first thought.

Which is... That its f**ked !

Haha. Only messing. Never heard or seen anything like that before :S

The toilet cistern at my old workplace used to do this sometimes, it was due to a big air bubble in the pipe somewhere if I remember correctly, It creates a bit of a vacuum so you get the intermittent flow type thing

I have no idea how it's solved, try running it full pelt for a while to get the whole system running and purged of air?

The toilet cistern at my old workplace used to do this sometimes, it was due to a big air bubble in the pipe somewhere if I remember correctly, It creates a bit of a vacuum so you get the intermittent flow type thing

I have no idea how it's solved, try running it full pelt for a while to get the whole system running and purged of air?

Wrong

Just turn up the pressure at the stopcock a little. That should stop it. Don't go nuts though or your get wet when you turn the tap on.

You cannot 'turn up the pressure' that is a constant, you can only improve flow rate with the stop cock. The chances are its fully open and so would not be the problem as it was not doing this before.

Being a plumber myslef i'd say the washer is 'jumping' which basically means it could do with a new washer and reseating the tap, this may not work if the seating is screwed. So given the quality of the tap i'd aadvise you to replace it. My reccomendation being a 'FRANKE' tap.

Hope this helps/

Edited by mods