Holding The Brake

Dušan

hey guys ive noticed that everytime iam on rear i hold not only rear but also front i dont know i just do it cause i always have one finger on the brake so.... do you think i should change it? i ve already started to learn to do thing u p to front and stuff like that but cant get it do you think it may be because i just hold my front all the time while on rear? how many of you do the same ? should i change it or its okay?

I always hold my front brake, not entirely sure why, guess its a subconsious thing to even out the grip on each side of the bars; probably makes zero difference :)

Its something that Id like to learn to stop doing, perhaps Ill focus on it more in future.

Yeah i do the same. Just find it weird taking my finger off just to put it back on the lever again. Plus seeing the front wheel spin is off putting :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, i definently have my finger on the lever. Not sure if i have it in though. This is well messing with my mind now.

Rob

Edited by Stanners

Having the front wheel spinning while going across stuff looks slightly cooler :P... No difference really unless you're willing to argue for the spinning front wheel adding slightly to your stability through gyroscopic forces... If you've got a really heavy front wheel, movements that change the angle of the bike such as when you kick onto the back wheel from flat ground may be noticeably easier with the front brake off.

i do it also because i feel like iam slipping off the bars if i dont do it.... :giggle: but i want to learn front wheel spin :lol: i think i try to ride without it when only when i will be so much bored as you all say it doesnt matter if u hold it or not ^_^

i have to have my finger on the front lever as well. All the people i ride with do as well. Just feels wrong if i dont. I can choose not to pull it though. Mostly i dont give it a thought and i think i pull it in :S

Weird really. Most people do it though i think.

I think almost everyone does this. If you just stop you will tend to pull the rear brake side of the bars slightly harder and may set yourself off balance. If you feel comfortable doing it then carry on. As long as it doesn't hinder your riding then there is no problem.