Trialtech 108 Freewheel?

p_ruskin

My Tensile 96click has completely f****d up this morning, so i need a new freewheel.

Just wondering if the new TrialTech 108 was a good option? as its rather cheap and presumably its good quality seeing as it trialtech?

Anyone have any opinions on it?

Cheers

It would yes, but this isn't the first time this has happened with this freewheel, the lock ring has been replaced twice, and so have the pawls and bearings, but it keeps falling apart whilst riding after 2months use and breaking all the parts.

So i have given up on fixing it, and would like to try a new one :)

Crikey! How old is your SL? Did it happen when you landed on something? :S

Wasn't even really putting the power down, just a few random pedal kicks here and there.

Should still be under warranty as its only 2-3 months old i think. i just need a new outer shell really.

I'm looking to make the switch to FFW too - can any others shed some light as to whether the Echo SL will be more durable than the Trialtech? Only £10 in it so cost isn't much of a factor here..

I've personally been running an SL on my 26" for well over 6 months now and cant report any problems! Also running one on my 20" as of a month or so (bought it off a mate, used) and again, no problems to report. In use use, they feel very precise and you always feel confident that it has fully engaged when you go to do a move. Compared to a friends Tensile 96 click, the speed of engagement isnt a lot better, but the feel and sound are much more reasurring! Having had no experience with the Trialtech freewheel, I cannot give a users opinion but judging by the quality of their other components, I dont see why it wouldn't match up?

Wasn't even really putting the power down, just a few random pedal kicks here and there.

Should still be under warranty as its only 2-3 months old i think. i just need a new outer shell really.

Hmmm, maybe you got a slightly 'duff' one? (and before anyone says it, I'm not refering to the batch that were defective as I know they never left the factory! :P )

Haha, dont think I mentioned that in my previous post. Havn't experienced a skip on either of my SL's. (Y).

Well i just found out my friend has ordered one of the TT freewheels, so i will whack on old 60click on for now see if his is any good and if not, looks like i shall get an SL

Cheers (Y)

Is this the one that you snapped a tooth off after hitting it?

Megalolfail

You don't really have a case then do you? It snapped because you landed on it.

Edited by max-t

I think If i were to be looking at freewheels around £50 i would save some money and go for an Echo TR, my echo SL has been awsome, I was realy worried due to having a chris king rear hub for over 6 years! but the SL realy is an awsome piece of kit! Ignore Rusevelts post, that is the only SL that I have heard of that has cracked and from what I have gathered it is because it was hit very hard.

So yeh, If you don't want to fork out the money for an SL, go for a TR pretty much the same freewheel just with a few less engagements, and lets be honest, 72 is more than enough!

Adam