Loud Freewheels

murph82

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok to get hype about the noise of your freewheel?

• Yes perfectly ok
    • Guilty Pleasure..... its ok but just do it in your bedroom
    • NO, in NO way is it ok,its childish and bent!

I just got a tensile 96 second hand and the guy (props to peggysue (Y) ) serviced it before selling it and its loud as fook!

Which leads me to the question, is it ok to get moist about the simple clicking of metal on metal??

Votes up top.......all answers will be treated with the utmost privacy!

They're good in the sense that you know if anything's up pretty much straight away, but I just switched from a furious sounding Pro 2 T to an almost totally silent King and it's pretty nice not earning an ASBO everywhere I go...

I see your point, a mate used to run a king and somehow had silent brakes and there is something to be said for it seeming smoother without all taht racket!

The kind of person who upgrades their freewheel purely to make it louder is the type of person who changes their car exhaust in an attempt to make it sound louder.

It's not all about the volume, it's more about the quality of the sound.

If you want a loud freewheel, clean all the grease out of it.

Don't think you've done it right giggle.gif but I bum off a loud freewheel, when my bike breaks i tend to sit at the computer messing with my freewheel.

My freewheel is louder than yours..... when it skips.

:giggle:

The kind of person who upgrades their freewheel purely to make it louder is the type of person who changes their car exhaust in an attempt to make it sound louder.

Noooooooooo, mine has well louder skips tongue.gif

Woah! I have bought this freewheel to upgrade for performance from an acs claw and the noise is a BONUS,not a choice.i am not some sort of nova driving monkey with a stereo costing as much as the council flat they live in with there parents.when ii service it next i'll probably put a little more grease in which will tone it down,only a bit though

I dislike loud bikes, this includes brakes, chain slap, cables hitting each other, disc rattle and freewheels. slient bikes are sooo nice! Makes you look and feel like you are riding smoother, you don't annoy people and people don't make stupid comments about it on vid topics.