What Grind To Run With Hs Yellows?

isitafox

Right after doing a comp today and possibly being the only non disc rider to have smooth rims I've decided to stop being a girl about it and give the rear a grind.

The only problem is I don't know anything about grinds so don't know where to start, I hear people saying about light, sharp, medium and have no idea what each is like so what should I go for to run heatsink yellows on??

Until you're riding a comp and it rains, or your rims get wet, or you need a brake that isn't just a loud on-off button.

Just give it a go, basically. As long as you don't press super hard into the rim you can't really go wrong. If you've got an old rim or something to practise on that'd be cool, but other than that just go for it...

Until you're riding a comp and it rains, or your rims get wet, or you need a brake that isn't just a loud on-off button.

Just give it a go, basically. As long as you don't press super hard into the rim you can't really go wrong. If you've got an old rim or something to practise on that'd be cool, but other than that just go for it...

Aye will give it a go then, think I've got a couple of old Sun BFM's kicking around in my dads garage that have got more than enough thickness to withstand a few practice grinds! Think it's definately the way forward though, dropped more than a few points and a few 5's today cause my arm was so pumped up trying to pull the back brake on tight!

You will need a rather light one, otherwise they wont last for all that long as they are soft-ish compound.

I run fairly harshish grinds with my ones without any problems... For best preformance with these pads run a medium grind. you wont regret it!

My yellows have been fitted on a grind for over a year now and theyre about 1/2 worn. I use quite a light/medium grind with the grinder at about 15-20° angle from the rim, using a thin steel cutting disk and no additional pressure on the grinder; basically I use the weight of the grinder to tickle the surface. Works perfectly for me wet or dry, very noisy though :(

My yellows have been fitted on a grind for over a year now and theyre about 1/2 worn. I use quite a light/medium grind with the grinder at about 15-20° angle from the rim, using a thin steel cutting disk and no additional pressure on the grinder; basically I use the weight of the grinder to tickle the surface. Works perfectly for me wet or dry, very noisy though :(

Listen to Ed. His brake is insane in ALL conditions!