Accident

bigtom.0791

I got back on my bike and rode around with a 661 Pro Race Brace on and it wasn't so bad, it was only when I properly dipped my heel down (as in toes towards heel type thing) where it hurt. So doing big drops on it sucked for a while...

Yeah I had 6 beers and three double-strength ibuprofen for lunch that day pictured to stave off the twinges, and because my ankle had bent inward (so that the sole of my foot was up next to my ankle bone and facing my face) I stopped sidehopping for a few weeks so as to avoid putting the same sideways pressure on it.

The only ankle support I was using was a compression bandage like in the photo too. It wasn't actual ankle support, more a placebo, peace-of-mind type thing.

agree about the ligament injury, I have done it twice now, pretty painful and a loong time not riding! I am fairly lucky though, the first time I did it I knew I had done something bad and got in touch with Physio, he put my ankle in a cast and once out felt pretty good (apart from being week in that foot/leg for a while).

The 2nd time I did it I only thought I had twisted it (my pain receptors were apparently damaged from the first time) so carried on riding, but over 3 weeks later (at the big London ride actually) it began to get too painful to ride. I visited physio again and he said it had snapped again, only this time it had begun to heal and set the ligament in the wrong place. After a bit of thought, I decided to have it re-snapped and set in cast again so it was strong in the future. Lets just say, having someone wrench your foot around with no anesthetic until the ligament(s) snapped was the worst pain I have ever had, I went into total shock and couldn't talk for half an hour because I was shaking too much.

But it's been over a year now and my ankle feels pretty good again, I don't notice it at all when riding, though sometimes I like to wear a brace if I am trying something new. Now to find some wood to touch.

So yeah, if you have a choice, break a bone rather than a ligament!

I also had a bad injury about 9 years ago when my chain snapped dropping off a small rock, I landed straight on my nuts on the stem! They swelled up to near orange size and I had to go to hospital to have ultra-sound scans on them. Fortunately for me they were only bruised (badly mind) but for about 2-3 weeks after I couldn't stand up for more than half an hour as the weight of them would cause a lot of pain.

I also had a bad injury about 9 years ago when my chain snapped dropping off a small rock, I landed straight on my nuts on the stem! They swelled up to near orange size and I had to go to hospital to have ultra-sound scans on them. Fortunately for me they were only bruised (badly mind) but for about 2-3 weeks after I couldn't stand up for more than half an hour as the weight of them would cause a lot of pain.

that made me laugh. it feels horrible when someone punches your nuts let alone that.

the worst injury i had was tearing and damaging the tissue just below my shoulder blade (done this spending all day of learning 180s) a slight movement was the most horrible pain and it just went all hard. i couldn't physically bend down or nothing for a few days.

These are all pretty impressive,

my worst was what I call a body dig, Failing a tap, I scraped from the bottom of my shin to my knee, the shorts saved my higher leg bit, and then from my waist to my neck, as I was riding t-shirtless, which I will never ever do again! The amount of blood on the floor made my mum think I had been brutally murdered, the trail of blood from the wall to the sink in the house didn’t help much either.

Luckily I didn’t have to pay for the new carpet (the old one was white!)

Broke my hand a year ago. Didnt go to hospitable till the next day after I rode about 150 miles on the motorbike. But the worst one is still on going. I have really bad tendonitis in my left wrist. Have had it for near 2 years now. Its like a constent pain when I'm twisting my wrist.

The movement has been reduced in it. Like if you have your palm on the table. You can twist it about 180 deg so the palm is facing upwords. Where I can only go about 100 deg. Which can be a real pain in the arse.

Broke my hand a year ago. Didnt go to hospitable till the next day after I rode about 150 miles on the motorbike. But the worst one is still on going. I have really bad tendonitis in my left wrist. Have had it for near 2 years now. Its like a constent pain when I'm twisting my wrist.

The movement has been reduced in it. Like if you have your palm on the table. You can twist it about 180 deg so the palm is facing upwords. Where I can only go about 100 deg. Which can be a real pain in the arse.

that must of hurt do you still ride a trials bike

Ermm, well this one time, at band camp.

I was just dropping a table (I was only 12) and i went over the front due to some p***k leaving them on. So anyway I fell over and put my hand out only to land on my face afterwards. Instant thought, "is the bike alright" luckily it was. But I gathered i broke my wrist after noticing i couldn't move it and it was facing downwards,(like how somebody would mock a gay person). Got some gas and air and that shizz was gooood happy.gif Got high and everything, seeing stuff as if a video was skipping. Luckily they didn't have to put some nails in me like they were originally planned but it's all good now.

Next one is probably trying to 360 off about a 5ft wall. There was a quite high railing i had to get by back wheel over so i lost most of my spin on the upwards momentum. Got to 180 but stupid me has the back wheel lower than horizontal by then so i couldn't lift the front wheel off. Smacked my head straight on the flags. That was the day I decided it was time to but a helmet, and i'll never regret it.

All the rest haven't been so bad recently, just falls that leave me not riding for a week every few months like ripping a ligament or something in my shoulder. And coxic bone attacks as shown in my last video where I said i was ok, wasn't after i got up erm.gif

WOW, longest post I've done in a long time happy.gif

how do you get them

Basically, have good grammer, spelling and punctuation and don't be a willy. It also helps if your posts are helpful or you need genuine help rather that threads such as "what u up 2". Your threads seem decent it's just it seems you're making so many in attempt to get validated. Every full member has a little thing next to the "reply" which says "submit validation vote". If you get 5 then you're validated and can post where you want, buy/sell stuff, use the PM system and vote for other members to be validated.

EDIT: You can also edit your posts happy.gif

Edited by Jamie_Trials

Basically, have good grammer, spelling and punctuation and don't be a willy. It also helps if your posts are helpful or you need genuine help rather that threads such as "what u up 2". Your threads seem decent it's just it seems you're making so many in attempt to get validated. Every full member has a little thing next to the "reply" which says "submit validation vote". If you get 5 then you're validated and can post where you want, buy/sell stuff, use the PM system and vote for other members to be validated.

EDIT: You can also edit your posts happy.gif

thanks for your help but were is this pm

Back in May I was ridng with a friend. Having a good ride. There was a big boulder with a flat top on it. I was trying to hook up it but the ground going up to it was pretty rough. I tried it a few times but the last time the timing did not work out. I didn't get my front wheel high enough to get on top of the rock and it slamed into the face of the rock. Before I know it I have my face smashing into the rock. I didn't realize what had happened but the 1st thing I asked my friend is "are my teeth ok" and I show him my teeth. They were fine, but the majority of the blood was coming from a 1" gap in my chin. I thought it was maybe from my mouth. We went to the hospital and I got stiches. My jaw hurt for another few weeks and I couldn't chew very well. It would become dislocated and hurt. I am back to normal now but I am extra cafeful to never do that again.