Is The Royal Mail Still Operating?

trialsguyperth

Does anyone know whats the crack with the post have all the lorries stopped or is it just my area? Anyone got any info on whats happening with the postal services. Im wanting to know whats happening because im waiting for something coming from england? This topic may sound a little not needed but im really needing to know. Cheers guys

Err, not sure if you've noticed but we're having an immensely bad winter which has put a stop to quite a lot of stuff so it's no surprise you haven't received your package yet.

I posted a frame out on the 24th November and that still hasn't been delivered thanks to the weather.

Does anyone know whats the crack with the post have all the lorries stopped or is it just my area? Anyone got any info on whats happening with the postal services. Im wanting to know whats happening because im waiting for something coming from england? This topic may sound a little not needed but im really needing to know. Cheers guys

its kinda all come to a stop here only some post is comming through

+1 no post for me either. I don't blame them to be honest really icy out there now!

to be honest as a country we're completely ill prepared for any kind of harsh winter, if it was that hard to operate at -5 north russia, canada etc would be screwed!

Have you ever heard anyone, let alone an entire company, keep spare wheels with snow tyres on for their car?

Try phoning the Royal Mail?

So true. I once spent two weeks snow boarding in Cervinia Italy, one of the highest resorts in Europe, and it snowed for the whole two weeks. The resort stayed fully open with no problems. In this country we have an inch or two or snow and everyone forgets how to drive and the media act as though there has been another 9/11 attack

I'm guessing as that's a snow resort they're prepared for snow?

You can't really compare the UK to the highest resort in Europe.

to be honest as a country we're completely ill prepared for any kind of harsh winter, if it was that hard to operate at -5 north russia, canada etc would be screwed!

Have you ever heard anyone, let alone an entire company, keep spare wheels with snow tyres on for their car?

Have you ever considered that in places with harsh weather they keep 2 sets of tyres? I know for a fact that in Finland if you own a car you generally have "a winter tyre" and "a summer tyre" all tyres we use in the UK (as standard) are poncy skinny, eco efficient, drag resistant tyres - which work great for 98% of the year, but are f**king shit in any form of snow.

You hardly expect the royal mail, who charge 20p to deliver a letter to bother stocking up on winter tyres just so you can get your packages on time?

And stop being dick about "my taxes this" and "my taxes that" if you want to go and change things - do, don't just bitch about them and blame everyone else all the time, your taxes have nothing to do with the royal mail or courier services.

ive not been doing much delivery, when it was bad we was only allowed on the main roads and when it was really bad people wasnt allowed to take the bikes out bags had to be under 5kg and within walking distance from the offices.

if your not getting your mail go to the mail sorting office and collect it if your desperate for it just take some id.

not our fault i had no problem going out in it and my delivery is properly remote got stuck a couple times but i find it a good laugh.

So true. I once spent two weeks snow boarding in Cervinia Italy, one of the highest resorts in Europe, and it snowed for the whole two weeks. The resort stayed fully open with no problems. In this country we have an inch or two or snow and everyone forgets how to drive and the media act as though there has been another 9/11 attack

Wish we'd only had an inch or 2. We've got 24". Had no post since Tuesday but have seen a few post office vans out today (sunday) trying to deliver stuff.

didn't quite understand that.. do you mean that all packages over 5kg were not sent out to be delivered ?

I think he meant post bags - ie bags of mail they carry to deliver to all the houses, couldn't weigh more than 5kg as they were on foot the whole way. Might be wrong though...

We're getting very limited mail and theres almost nothing here... Its stupid how this country shuts down when it snows.

Look at Canada, snow above car window level, post still gets delivered, at least its not the posties fault, their bosses call the shots i suppose.

Its stupid how this country shuts down when it snows.

Look at Canada, snow above car window level, post still gets delivered, at least its not the posties fault, their bosses call the shots i suppose.

It snows in Canada EVERY year, in places its snowy for more of the year than not snowy.

It would cost a hell of a lot more to have a load of snowploughs/gritters/deicing trains etc etc sitting about for the majority of the year (or all of the year) here than it costs having a week or so of disruption.

I think he meant post bags - ie bags of mail they carry to deliver to all the houses, couldn't weigh more than 5kg as they were on foot the whole way. Might be wrong though...

Mail bags officially go upto 16kg. But can go more if you're feeling like breaking your back that day.

I would of thought with the majority of offices it's up to the managers discretion to make bad choices of what goes out and what doesn't.