New Rockman Frames And Forks...

G_!

Frames look quite nice, headtube lets them down a lot in my opinion.

What are the advantages to this system?

Is it simply to strength the steerer?

Personally, i dont see much point in this, do people really have that much trouble with forks :S.

Also dont like the fact that your going to have to buy a full rockman front end (sort of :P) setup, but hey, if it takes off, fair do's to 'em.

Josh.

When done right, it stiffens (and strengthens) the front end of the frame a lot, and helps stiffen up the forks too. You also get a nice big bearing in the bottom of your headset too. In all honesty Rockman haven't really made the most of it, but it's a system I think will take off more in future. It's cool that people are breaking the norm a bit now, e.g. Rockman doing this, Koxx trying integrated/internal headsets, Deng using Spanish BBs.

What they all look the same, over priced and under engineered?

And the older models are nicer and the newer ones are fugly?

The small top bearing/large top bearing is becoming pretty much standard on mountain bikes now, so trials may as well make use of it, shame only rockman sell this setup, rockman prices put me off the technology step.

Edited by Theta2

I do like the way they're trying something new (even if they're not necessarily making the most).

Totally agree. A new design is allways welcomed in my eyes, just a shame you have to buy into the technology so much, as with Koxx's modstock idea and deng's bb ststem, although a BB isnt too bad to replace, especially as they are said to last longer.

Its just things like if you have a nice Chris king headset, then you need to replace that with a worse headset, unless you buy a 1inch headset aswell and use 1/2 and 1/2, but once again, expensive, especially for students/youngsters :(. Id like to see the design take off, especially if more time went into styling the headtube so it wasnt so fugly :giggle:.

They probably wouldn't have a King headset in the first place in that case ;)

Well im a student, and was happy to pay like £60 for a 2nd hand headset, however i never see any larger ones on ebay or anything, and no ones going to be selling off here for a while. So i guess youd have to buy it new from a shop somewhere which is like double the price :(

fairly sure king make headsets that fit.

you cant use the money side as an excuse.when you ride trials you know stuff gonna break. we accept that we have to replace bars and forks every 6 months etc,basically replacing your bike on a yearly basis

Edited by Filo

wow theyre georgeous :o.

Edit: The slate 3 looks pretty nice in gold without the tapered headtube also.

Edit 2: Holy shit i think im in love with the anodised red Aurem 4!! If they did a slate in that red i dont think i could stop myself buying one :giggle:

Edited by Jon Alty

I do love the bird that's right at the very furthest forward point towards the head tube. Weird level of detail when you see it close up...

Didn't realise thats what they were looking at the main pic :lol:

Still prefer the old graphics.

Thanks for the close up pics (Y)