Rb Water Bleed

Tom Canham

Do they not hold water about as well as a sieve or am i mixing up my fancy leavers?

They do leak after a while, think its because of the piston wearing out, new o-rings can help but they still weep slightly. Mine is bled with water/oil/antifreeze emulsion. At the moment I need to top up the bleed quite regularly as the fluid weeps past the seals, not a huge problem as it only takes 5 mins to pop the syringe on there and top it up, I use the tpa to take up any slack in the mean time and that works fine.

Im going to get a new piston machined to tighter tolerances and with better seals, I might even bore it out to take a standard 04 magura piston, would lose some of the power though :(

They do leak after a while, think its because of the piston wearing out, new o-rings can help but they still weep slightly. Mine is bled with water/oil/antifreeze emulsion. At the moment I need to top up the bleed quite regularly as the fluid weeps past the seals, not a huge problem as it only takes 5 mins to pop the syringe on there and top it up, I use the tpa to take up any slack in the mean time and that works fine.

Im going to get a new piston machined to tighter tolerances and with better seals, I might even bore it out to take a standard 04 magura piston, would lose some of the power though :(

So i wasn't going crazy.

If you brought it from J-bonham, good luck! I gave it to him from my spares box, and he came straight on here and sold it.... oh well

Its pretty f**ked, no barrel, no pin and I think the pistons stuck. Best just putting the lever in a 04 lever body.

If you brought it from J-bonham, good luck! I gave it to him from my spares box, and he came straight on here and sold it.... oh well

Its pretty f**ked, no barrel, no pin and I think the pistons stuck. Best just putting the lever in a 04 lever body.

mad.gif He just said it was missing the tpa (i could see it was missing the TPA from the pic) and the gold bit, but i may be able to get them.

Edited by Tom Canham

mad.gif He just said it was missing the tpa, and the gold bit, but i may be able to get them.

A barrel for a Hope brake works i think and you will be able to get a bolt from a bolt shop or something I guess.

Pretty sure it won't bleed and work though.

A barrel for a Hope brake works i think and you will be able to get a bolt from a bolt shop or something I guess.

Pretty sure it won't bleed and work though.

If i get the bit it needs then ill give it a go, but i wont hope for much then.

Ill have a look at the lever whenever it arrives.

I wouldn't worry too much mate, there's a guy in Loughborough (Mr Edward Potts) who has sorted out millions and billions and squillions of these levers so they run smooth and don't leak. So long as no bits are snapped/cracked he can get it going for you ;)