Echo Urbans Snap

Franksx2005

Yeah that was my point, sorry if it wasn't clear.

I meant no change in performance, felt normal to ride then boom, face to floor.

Luckily i've almost always run steel forks and thy usually bend and flex before they get anywhere near cracking or snapping.

My old echo urbans started cracking when I was using HS in the 4 bold weld area, sold them to a novice guy who runs disc and they are still alive! Also had try-all 2010 model and the were quite strong but were a little bit flexy, now running rockman v2s and done fair few gaps to front or up to front and they are still strong and stiff, and they are about 4-5 months old. Trialtech should be one of the best out there. Nothing lasts forever!

Exactly my point

Which generation were they, and how old were they?

Happened last summer they were a few months old.

Inspection showed that they had been cracked for a while before they let go.

Bare in mind also that they were being ridden by someone that snaps/breaks alot of shit and does really big stuff, and had been practicing massive hooks for a good few weeks.

Trial tech are in my opinion the best strength to weight forks out there.

well done deng, you really have improved parts over the years

To be fair not that many urbans snap, heard of/seen more rockman and koxx forks snapping.

As has been mentioned 4 bolt mounts are in about the worse place possible for the forces involved.

Shit dude, nasty! Urbans have gotten a lot lighter recently so it's quite important (as with SL forks) to inspect them every now and then especially if you've got 4-bolt mounts.

Yeah, my disc SL's on my mod have grey stress lines on where they bend to allow tyre clearence if you know what i mean. just a matter of time till they go but i cant jusitfy on buying a new set of forks are im riding brakeless atm so not exactly great stresses being put onto them

Just ordered myself some trialtechs, cant wait to fit them to see how they ride as they generally feel a nicer product than the viz, ashton and urban forks I've had in the past.

I think im gonna give a front v-brake a go, goin for the because v-brake forks, XTR lever, TNN V-Brake pads and either the avid ultimate or Single Digit SL depending on if the ultimate is still on offer when i get payed.

those new urbans aren´t really strong.

I´m cracked mine after 7-8months of riding and I´m only 75kg....

and it was V brake version.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1180.snc4/150240_1341803885245_1835642923_629138_2236422_n.jpg

but this is not bad as your of course :D

and light because is not good idea IMO :sick:

Edited by AndrewG

those new urbans aren´t really strong.

I´m cracked mine after 7-8months of riding and I´m only 75kg....

and it was V brake version.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1180.snc4/150240_1341803885245_1835642923_629138_2236422_n.jpg

but this is not bad as your of course :D

and light because is not good idea IMO :sick:

You stay out of this,doing gaps to front 100times a day isn´t going to help their longevity.