Speeding? Not Sure?

Luke_zoo

Out of interest what bike have you got?

zx6rr

Second thought, What you lot dont listen to, when I try and say it. Why would have my mate been pulled first and not me, when I was the first one infront of the car.... then my mate came up after, This is what I dont understand! How come he got pulled but they left me? yet we both was slowing down due to traffic lights,

Edited by Luke_zoo

Well, if he overtook you and a car in a 40, he must have at least been doing 60. He was also in plain view of the police car unlike you. Fact of the matter is, you may have been f**king lucky, so use this as a lesson to watch your speed in future.

You supposed to be restricted?

Well, if he overtook you and a car in a 40, he must have at least been doing 60. He was also in plain view of the police car unlike you. Fact of the matter is, you may have been f**king lucky, so use this as a lesson to watch your speed in future.

You supposed to be restricted?

Yeah but did test when was 17, so when I did my test they told me it can come out on my 20th birthday as It will have been my 2years up, but after that 1 year it came out saying you have to leave it in till 21 but I was ok as I asked about it.

you need to go back to school, most of your posts are like a riddle and a puzzle all in one to understand.

Just face it, you sped in a 40 zone, if you got caught, unlucky. the police wouldn't believe you if you said you never realized your speed if your doing 30mph over the speed limit... Its just a pathetic excuse to get out of something your guilty for. personally, i hope you get a ticket through the post.

They do sometimes let you off. I was doing about 36 in a 30 (GPS) down a hill straight past a policeman with a radar gun. The guy shook his head but I still haven't got a ticket a couple of months later.

But yeah, 70 in a 40 as a new rider/driver and you'll just lose your license forever.

They do sometimes let you off. I was doing about 36 in a 30 (GPS) down a hill straight past a policeman with a radar gun. The guy shook his head but I still haven't got a ticket a couple of months later.

But yeah, 70 in a 40 as a new rider/driver and you'll just lose your license forever.

I think it varies in different areas, but I know around here there's a 10%+2 tolerance on the speed guns and vans, so if his gun came up with 35 he was probably shaking his head at how close you were to getting done.

And yeah, 70 in a 40 probably would result in a ban, although only a short one I'd have thought. A mate got done by an unmarked car doing 78 on his bike down a 50 limit dual carriageway and he got a £120 fine and a 14 day ban I think. Which stupidly is the same punishment another mate got for writing off 3 cars while uninsured, I wouldn't really see them as equal offences personally. thumbdown.gif

Eh? 2 years means 19 you can take it out. You just confused the hell out of me there.

To clear this up, he must have an A2 bike licence, which is the same as mine.

This means you can only ride a bike with maximum of 33bph for the first two years after passing your test. After this is up your free to ride what ever.

So yes if he passed his test at 17 he could of de-restricted it at 19.

This means you can only ride a bike with maximum of 33bph for the first two years after passing your test. After this is up your free to ride what ever.

got that right,

I know how it works..

Should have it out by now, that's what i'm saying.

I know how it works..

Should have it out by now, that's what i'm saying.

By the sounds of it he is struggling to control the power he already has, not sure he needs the restriction removing.

I am a member of the Institute of advanced motorists which has taught me so much about riding, and I feel it is an invaluable skill with so many idiot car drivers on the roads.

If you want to learn how to ride a bike properly these guys will teach you, for relatively nothing as well.

I'm not posting this as any kind of sales pitch, I passed my test at seventeen with one minor thinking I was god's gift on a bike. I quickly realised how bad I actually was!

I went past a van a few months ago doing some miles an hour in a 30, I think I posted about it in the bike thread but didn't make my own topic. I wasn't whinging about it either. You took a risk, if it goes to shit then just deal with it.

Love how many people have been all hgih and mighty about this as well. It was 70 in a 40, not exactly the worst speeding offence ever. He was on a sports bike that'll stop fairly quickly if needed, plus he's young so probably has decent reaction times. Which is safer then, him doing 70 or some old duffer in a metro doing 55?

By the sounds of it he is struggling to control the power he already has, not sure he needs the restriction removing.

I am a member of the Institute of advanced motorists which has taught me so much about riding, and I feel it is an invaluable skill with so many idiot car drivers on the roads.

If you want to learn how to ride a bike properly these guys will teach you, for relatively nothing as well.

I'm not posting this as any kind of sales pitch, I passed my test at seventeen with one minor thinking I was god's gift on a bike. I quickly realised how bad I actually was!

LOL does 120 resticked, think I know how to handle it, Ive ridden bikes all my life,

LOL does 120 resticked, think I know how to handle it, Ive ridden bikes all my life,

So you should know the difference between 40 and 70 then. ;)

Im like you. Been on bikes all my life. But Unlike you I dont think I'm gods gift.

That course is a really good one and it will help your riding. Just admit it that you have done something stupid and be thankful that you got away with it.

He was on a sports bike that'll stop fairly quickly if needed, plus he's young so probably has decent reaction times.

That sort of depends on concentration though. If he didn't realise he was doing 70mph, and also didn't realise there was a speed van there (they're not all that subtle), then that doesn't exactly fill you with confidence, surely?

In the interests of full disclosure, I freely admit I don't always abide by speed limits, but generally speaking whenever I pop over I usually make sure I'm extra vigilant for any potential camera vans/plain clothes cars/other shit, and the more over I go the more I keep an eye out.

Very good points you make, but I still reckon that a 19 year old is safer doing 70 in a 40 than, say, my Granny doing 55.

They might be easy to see but the one that should have got me was behind a hedge. That was over 6 months ago but I've had nothing through the door yet.