Echo Pure

max-t

As a few of you may know, I've never really ventured above the +40 bb region and I liked the look of the new Echo's, so after not riding for a good while I decided on one of these. I had a little go on it yesterday and I don't know if it's me not being used to trials just the extreme geo, or a bit of both but it feels weird compared to what I've ridden in the past.

Spec is:

Frame: Echo Pure 2011

Forks: Trialtech 4 bolt

Headset: King

Handlebars:Ko riser bars

Brakes: Dual Magura's with Phat pads

Stem: Trialtech high rise

Wheels: Trialtech rims on Echo TR hubs

Cranks: Adamant CNC (Still going strong after about 3 years of major abuse)

Bash: Adamant

Pedals: Wellgo Magnesium

Chain: KHE

Freewheel: Echo SL

100_0863.jpg

100_0861.jpg

100_0862.jpg

Edited by max-t

Nice stem ;)

Neat build! Did you have to modify either the forks or the front hub to fit properly by the way? I'm strongly considering a set of Trialtechs myself.

Yes, before this hub, I had an Echo 06? Hub and it was a pain in the ass to fit it in, so I had to file the dropouts.

DSCF1457.jpg

Edited by max-t

Nice stem ;)

Neat build! Did you have to modify either the forks or the front hub to fit properly by the way? I'm strongly considering a set of Trialtechs myself.

Unless he just somehow mashed it in there, he'd had to have done something to either the hub axle or the forks.

EDIT: Timing, haha. Sweet looking bike though Max (Y) If you give it a bit of time I'm sure you'll get used to it - both Stan and Cap are running the Pure frame now and they both feel pretty good to me :)

f**kin loverly frame, had a go of my mates last night, sweet as.

Looks nice man. Dont often see dual Maxxis tyres being used these days.

Funnily enough I have just gone back to maxxis front and rear,forgot how good grip they have.

Thats only because I'm poor :( I'd snap a Conti up in a flash If I had the cash to thrash ;)

There's a dude selling der kaiser cheap as on here, might be a tight squeez though, fitted my 09 control but looking at my mates I doubt you would get one in there.

I just wouldn't bother getting a conti unless you get der kaiser or rain king, the rest are worse than sheite.

bike looks great...looks light. how come you dont use chris king any more? that adamant cranks will never die

Hey Matija, haven't spoken in a while, hope you are all good (Y) . After running Kings for over 3 years i felt like a change, plus the weight saving. I really like the feel of the SL actually,it's a totally different feel to a freehub and actually feels stiffer to me. If you are still using Pro II's I'd definately recommend going freewheel and getting an SL.

Edited by max-t

yes its been a while since we talked last time...i am good, and you? well i am happy to see you have bike at last

i still use pro 2, i am happy with it but i also want something diferent (maybe, stil not sure) , thanks fot advance i will think of fw.

how long do yo have that trialtech fork? i have the same, and it has weird marks under one brake mount...maybe it is mothing but maybe....

yes its been a while since we talked last time...i am good, and you? well i am happy to see you have bike at last

i still use pro 2, i am happy with it but i also want something diferent (maybe, stil not sure) , thanks fot advance i will think of fw.

how long do yo have that trialtech fork? i have the same, and it has weird marks under one brake mount...maybe it is mothing but maybe....

I've not had them long, about 6 months maybe? but they have had very little use.